Expectations and Faliure (🏐)

Warning : Abuse, read at your own risk.

Sick : Oikawa
Caregiver : Ushijima

Oikawa was always expected to be the best. At least, that's what he had drilled into his mind. That if he wasn't the best that he was a failure.

Oikawa always strived to be the best he could be in everything. The best at everything, whether it be volleyball, his studies, or his life in general.

His parents were always disappointed in him no matter what he did, he could never succeed.

So when Oikawa lost once more to Shiratorizawa at the preliminary, he went home feeling defeated. After just beating Karasuno to only fail once again at trying to defeat the one team he always wanted to defeat.

Oikawa opened the door.

" I'm home. "

Oikawa said before hearing his parents angry, sounding footsteps coming down the hall.

" You lost again?!? You useless child! "

Oikawa's mother smacked him in the face. Oikawa's eyes widened, but he knew it was inevitable that he would be hit by them eventually. It used to just be verbal abuse, this was the first time they actually hit him.

" You can pack your bags and leave! No useless, worthless child of mine will live with me! "

Oikawa's mother exclaimed as Oikawa hung his head in defeat. He went to his room and packed his room up. There wasn't much anyway, so he was done pretty quickly.

Oikawa went down the stairs and opened the front door.

" Goodbye..."

He said sadly, his parents didn't even have any remorse in their eyes as Oikawa shut the door.

Oikawa walked the streets for a while, not sure where to go. He doesn't want to call Iwaizumi or anyone else from Seijoh, since he's worried they will just laugh at him, think of him as a failure.

So Oikawa was just walking for a while with his bags until he got tired and sat on a bench underneath a street light.

Oikawa managed to eventually fall asleep on the bench.

The next morning, Oikawa went to school like usual, keeping his bags in his locker as he went about his day like normal.

Oikawa practised hard and kept fighting to get stronger, not to mention he did amazing on his tests. Why did he still feel like it wasn't enough.

After practice and even some extra serving practice, Oikawa went to his locker and grabbed his bags. He made his way back to the streets and laid on the bench once again, wrapping himself up in a blanket.

Oikawa didn't realise how cold the weather was getting, and throughout the night, it started to rain.

He looked up at the sky, groaning softly as he made his way to a street where it was covered by the rain.

" It's freezing. "

Oikawa grumbled, hugging the blanket around his body, trying to stay warm.

Over the next few nights, it rained hard, and Oikawa struggled to keep himself warm, as the owner of the store he was sleeping in front of yelled at him to get off the property.

So Oikawa had to go back to sleeping in the freezing cold rain.

In the morning, Oikawa went to school, his face burning red with a fever and his hair drenched from the rain.