Chapter Nine

I quickly moved into the living room, trying to put my heel on at the same time. "Theo! Are you ready?" He retreated from the kitchen, stuffing his face with a muffin. "I've been ready, I think you're the one we're waiting on" he said with a soft chuckle. My hands dropped to my side along with my leg, finally getting the shoe on.

"I think I'm ready now" he took a long look at me, a smile forming on his face "you look incredible but were you gonna put earrings in?" I felt my earlobes and sighed, throwing my head back "oh my god, we're never gonna leave this fucking apartment" He took a closer step to me and put his hand on my shoulder "we aren't in any rush, you have plenty of time.. and you look great, stop stressing" I took a deep breath and looked at him "I just need to calm down" he nodded his head in agreement and I turned around and walked back to my bathroom and threw on my earrings.

As I stepped back out, I reached for my small purse on the hook near the front door, noticing Theo's eyes on me the whole time. I smiled and looked over at him, meeting his gaze "you look so amazing Yujin" I curtsied to him "thank you, and you look so nice as well" he gave me a wink and stood up from the couch, approaching me "ready?" I nodded my head excitedly and we headed out the door.

As we walked further away from my apartment complex, someone caught my eye, walking right towards us. "Is that Lina?" Theo mumbled and I nodded "yea, just ignore her. I don't know if she's even gonna acknowledge me to be honest" As much as I figured she would have taken another set of sidewalks, she didn't, she continued to walk straight to us.

My arm that was hooked onto Theo's immediately dropped and I tried to act like I didn't notice her at all. "Yujin!" My eyes shot up from the ground and I looked at her "I don't have time for this today Lina" She reached her hand out and grabbed mine "I was just coming to your apartment.. I wanted to talk to you" "for what?" her face dropped "about our fight yesterday, I don't wanna fight with you, you're my best friend" I slowly pulled my hand away "I don't have time to talk right now, we need to be somewhere" While what I said to her wasn't a lie, we did have to make an hour drive to get to his parents party, what I said wasn't exactly the truth either because we genuinely did have plenty of time to make it there. I just didn't want to talk to her, I'm not ready to just make up yet.

"You guys look nice, where are you heading?" Before I could speak, Theo did "we have a formal dinner to attend, we don't really have time for this right now" She just nodded her head at him and looked back at me "well I'd like to talk when you get home.." "yea I'll get back to you, see ya" we both stepped around her and I hooked my arm in Theo's again. "Are you okay?" "Yea, I just don't wanna talk to her. I'm still mad. She's not taking it seriously" he just nodded in response and we continued our walk to his car.

<<<<<<<>>>>>>>

We both stood outside of the towering apartment building. I put my hand above my eyes to shield from the sun and looked up. "It's here?" "Yea, in the penthouses at the top" "Oh. They have money huh?" "Oh yeah. Ready to go in there?" I just nodded and pulled his hand into mine and we started walking.

This is the most important part of Theo and I's plan. Tonight cannot go wrong, for Theo anyways, I really have nothing to lose. But I want this to go well for him. I didn't need to study for this night anymore, I knew Theo like the back of my own hand. I wasn't worried about how this would go, because Theo and I had been nearly inseparable for the past 2 weeks.

We walked into the elevator and Theo hit the button for the top floor. As the door slid closed, I looked over at him "you look nervous Theo" he sighed and nodded "I am Yujin" I released his hand and stood in front of him, getting on my tippy toes and throwing my arms over his shoulders. "Let me help you" I said with a smirk and pulled him down, attaching our lips together. He wrapped his around my waist and kissed me back.