Chapter Five

I laid a soft knock on Theo's bedroom door, figuring he'd still be asleep but his response startled me. "Come in".

I slowly entered his room with a smile "good morning, how are you feeling?" He groaned "I feel like shit. I drank way too much" I let out a small laugh and moved closer to the bed, sitting on the edge of it.

There was an awkward silence that begin to grow in the air. I looked over at him, biting my lip anxiously. His eyes darted away from me as soon as I looked at him. He looked up at the ceiling for a second before grunting and sitting up quickly.

He ran a hand through his messy hair and pulled his knees to his chest "I'm sorry for last night by the way". I shifted in my spot, adjusting my position to turn towards him. "What are you talking about? What are you sorry for?" His eyes shifted to meet mine "you don't remember?" I looked away from him, digging around in my brain briefly before remembering. "The kiss?"

He sighed "yeah, the kiss". I smiled at him "why are you apologizing?" "Because it shouldn't have happened and I'm sorry... I also can't stop thinking about it to be honest" "it's okay, it's bound to happen eventually right? Like to make this believable in front of your family, we'd probably have to kiss anyways" He nodded in response and pulled the blanket of him.

"I think I'm gonna go home. I'll see you on Friday and we can prepare for Saturday, yeah?" He asked as he stood up.

He began to shuffle around the room, collecting a few of his things. I stared at him as he moved "Theo" He didn't respond to me calling him "Theo!" He stopped and turned to face me. "Yeah" I motioned at him to come sit down and he paused for few short seconds before sitting next to me.

"Why are you in such a rush to leave?" "I just think I should go" His voice raised slightly, as if he was frustrated "why?! You wanted to be here so bad and now you're trying to go without a second thought".

He stood up quickly and stood in front of me. "I know you're not stupid, I know you know exactly why I think it's better if I leave. Do you just wanna hear me say it?!" I furrowed my eyebrows "I really don't know what you're talking about.." my voice faltered, growing quieter as I continued to speak.

He grabbed his bag that was partially packed with a few of his clothes and walked to the door. "I'll see you on Friday Yujin" He rushed out the room, slamming the door behind him.

I sat there confused, thoughts running through my mind. He was so angry when he left, what did I do to make him so angry?

<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>

Theo hadn't texted or called me in 2 days. I decided to leave him be and not send any messages to him either. I wasn't sure how he felt about me or the small argument we had on Sunday.

I walked onto campus, headphones in and choosing to ignore the world today. For some reason, things didn't feel right without Theo in them. We had only been talking for a week but I've learned so much about him and who he is within the time, that I was used to him around and taking up all my time. I genuinely loved it.

As I walked slowly, getting closer to my building for class, I felt a pull on my backpack, turning around quickly to see who was there.

"Hey Lina" I said with a plain expression, secretly hoping it was Theo. "Geez, don't be too happy to see me" "sorry, I'm not really in a good mood" "yeah you haven't been. You haven't talked to me in days Yujin"

I stopped walking and turned to her "I'm sorry Lina. I've just been so busy" "yeah with your little boyfriend" she said quietly as she fiddled with her book bag string.
"Lina, I've been neglecting our friendship, I know. I'm sorry. Do you wanna hang out tonight?"

She immediately perked up and began jumping up and down "yes please, I have so much to tell you!" "Okay, well text me when you're not busy and we can do something" she nodded and ruffled my hair slightly before skipping away.

I put my headphones back on and continued my walk to class.

As I stepped into the doorway, my eyes immediately darted to Theo's seat, where he sat with his head down on the small desk.

I looked over to my professor who smiled at me before greeting me "good morning Ms. Choi" I bowed at her and greeted her back before shuffling to my seat. I looked up to Theo again, this time he was looking at me. His eyes lingered on mine for a few seconds before he looked away, expressionless.

I was torn between wanting to go sit next to him or just mind my business, ultimately deciding to leave him be. He probably didn't wanna see me anyways.

<<<<<<<>>>>>>>

I sat at my desk, working on the small amount of homework I had before Lina wanted to hang out.

Focusing was hard, all I could think about was Theo, why was he all that was on my mind anymore. I barely knew him, he was practically just a random person.

Trying to convince myself that Theo was nothing wasn't easy. He was way more than nothing.. at this point he was everything.

I slammed my pen down onto my notebook, groaning loudly.

"Someone's angry" I screamed in response to Lina's voice. "What are you doing?!" "Surprise! I wanted to hang out sooner but you had stuff to do so I just thought I'd hang out with you here" "Lina please ask before just showing up" She shook her head and sat behind me on my bed.

"You um... redecorated?" I widened my eyes, fuck I forgot all of Theo's stuff was here. "Uhhh.. yea" "it looks like guys stuff Yujin.. Is Theo living here? Already?!" I sighed and turned to face her "listen, there's a lot going on with Theo and I. I'll tell you all about it eventually. Give me a week"

She furrowed her eyebrows "No Yujin! Tell me now? We're like strangers at this point" "Lina, we're not strangers. But I'm not telling you now because it's just too much to explain. I'm sorry. Give me a week and we will talk I promise" She softly stomped her foot on the floor "fine".

I stood up and closed my textbook and laptop. "Let's go do something, I can't focus right now" I swiftly gathered my phone and bag and led us out my apartment.