eleven

'HEY MADS' SHE had goosebumps, she was about to turn around and see the boy she liked no less then she did when she saw him last, the boy that broke her heart a little with his words and actions, she had to remind herself so many times that the hadn't known each other that long and it was crazy to be this hurt over something this small but she was.'

she took a breath and turned around 'hi' she said bluntly

his face had a slight smile on it but hers was just just straight. she didn't expect him to be here. 'how are you i heard you opened your shop'

'yh i did, im good' she still stood there with no emotion on her face

'im happy for you, and im proud of you'

'thanks'

'sorry i couldnt come i only just got back'

'yh its fine how was europe?'

'it was good' for the first time ever arthur and maddie were having a awkward conversation

'can we talk?' she didnt want to talk, maybe they should but she just wanted to have a good night.

'uh i cant right now i have to go find lily' she slightly smiled and started to walk away.

Arthur had spent the last month out the country but hadn't stopped thinking about lily. Something about her was so intriguing, arthur wasnt short of female attention but he was never really wowed by a girl.

maddie went to find lily and tried to put arthur at the back of her mind, which proved difficult. she got progressively more drunk as the night went on, drunker then she normally gets, she decided to get some air out on her balcony, since her and lily moved in they had made the balcony quite pretty with seats and fairy lights, taking a bit of inspiration form the place her and arthur first met.

she headed out and saw someone sat out there. great. she saw the back of a brown haired boys head, and a phone with chess on it, she knew who it was. she considered turning around but she really needed air. 'playing chess again? so predictable' she laughed, yes she was still mad and didn't necessarily want to talk to him but she couldnt just sit there in awkward silence.

'hey mads, yeah wasnt really in the party mood again, you seem like your having fun tho' she takes a seat next to him and places her drink down on the floor next to her

'yeah its a good party'

'you seem different'

'what do you mean'

'i mean like recently ive seen you in lots of videos and you just seem more comfortable'

'yeah i guess so, when did you have time to watch videos wernt you busy doing whatever you were doing in europe?'

'well yeah but night time and stuff, wanted to stay up to date, have you watched the fellas video where they vlogged our whole road trip'

'nah i dont really watch youtube'

'wow offended' he jokes as he puts a hand dramatically to his chest. 'i have missed you mads'

'your drunk' she quickly replied not thinking, not knowing she was the only drunk one here.

'no mads your drunk, im tipsy at best'

'oh' she laughs, awkwardness slightly fills the air 'i dont want to talk about what happened arthur, i have missed you too but i dont think us talking is going to make a difference, like you said it was a mistake and didnt mean anything' her heart ached saying that but she thought maybe if she just agreed with him the awkwardness could go, they could go back to being friends and she would have to get over him, but nothing she said was true she didnt think it was a mistake and it meant so much to her.

arthurs heart dropped, he so badly wanted to say it wasnt a mistake and it meant so much to him but hearing what she said he couldnt say that, all that he managed to muster up was 'yeah'.

maddie put on a fake smile and put her arms out for a hug, arthur hugged back and her head fell to his chest, they both stopped faking there smiles and looked so disappointed. the hug lasted a while until maddie all of a sudden had a horrible feeling in her stomach. 'sick' was all she managed to say, luckily there was a bin on the balcony but arthur grabbed just in time

he patted her back and told her it was going to be ok, he held her hair back with the other hand while she held the bin. 'this is why i dont drink much often im a massive lightweight' her words slurred somehow becoming less coherent after being sick. 'you okay now though'

she nods 'think im going to go to bed now'

'ill take you, just in case' he grabs her hand to help her walk and they walk to her bedroom, pretty much everyone had gone home or gone to be so no one was really around. she grabs some shorts and a t shirt and heads into the bathroom to get changed. she comes back out to arthur awkwardly sitting on her bed 'thankyou for tonight arthur'

'anytime' he gets up and just stands there. 'i should go'

'how you getting home?'

'no idea i was meant to be getting a uber with isaac but im pretty sure he left'

'stay here'

'theres no where for me to stay mads, i saw cal passed out on your sofa and i dont fancy spooning him or sleeping on the floor'

'well you can stay in here'

'are you sure i dont wanna make you uncomfortable you drunk and-'

'arthur i promise its ok and im pretty sure all the alcohol has come out of me now' she laughs and gets into bed. arthur goes and grabs some shorts and t shirt from george and changes and gets into bed next to her.

they lay for a few seconds in silence until maddie breaks it. 'im glad were good again'

arthur turns to her 'me too' he smiles at the half asleep girl and watches her doze off.

AUTHORS NOTE!!

hey guys, if you saw the last chapter no you didnt i didnt really like the way it portrayed maddie and i think it was really out of character so i changed it

im so glad there friends again and im going to slow it down a little sorry but i want them to have a really good friendship before god knows what happens ;))

also can someone please tell me if i used coherent right lol