seventeen

TODAY WAS THE DAY that everyone was going on holiday. maddie was excited but nervous for the flight, she kept reminding herself it was only for 2 hours and it would be over before she knew it. there wasn't a reason for her fear of flying she just had one, she never really went away as a kid she went to england a couple of times but no where else, her mum and dad were always taking her siblings away but they never took her or her older sister, who was in the same boat as her, their parents just seemed to not like them, with no reason that they knew off. 

the group was at the airport, her, lily, george, arthur, chris, isaac, chip, sabina, liv, arthur hill, harry and freezy. they went through security and all sat to get some food and drinks, maddie was noticeably quiet but it wasnt unusual for her to be quiet. Lily obviously knew maddie would be nervous but let her be because she needed time to herself.

'you ok?' arthur whispered nit wanting to draw attention to her.

'yeah'

'you dont look it'

'im just nervous.'

'for what?'

'the flight'

'you dont like flying?'

'nope not at all'

'it will be ok' he smiles softly grabbing on to her hand

'yh i know' she squeezes his hand slightly.

'i can sit next to you if you want, one of my sisters doesn't like flying, i always sit next to her and help calm her down'

'thankyou arthur'

'just dont talk to harry today yh'

'why not' she questions

'just trust me' she giggles a bit not knowing what he means but takes his word for it. they pretty much stick together the rest of the time up until boarding.

when they board there all sat in the same area, arthur like he said sat next to maddie, she was sat by the window and he was in the middle next to her and chris. they all sit ready for take off and maddies nerves seem to be getting worse and worse.

arthur looks over and can see the tears forming in her eyes, he grabs her hand causing her to jump a bit because she had zoned out. 'youll be ok' 

'thankyou arthur' 

they take off and maddie didn't enjoy it one bit, she squeezed arthurs hand so tight it went purple, behind her was harry waffling about the chances of the plane going down and stuff like that not making it any easier for maddie, 'harry if you dont shut the fuck up right now im going to rip your balls off and feed them too you' lily raised her voice a bit, knowing that he was not helping maddie. everyone laughed and harry went red from being shouted at.

maddie didnt drop arthurs hand once, being around him made her made him more comfortable, she was still very scared but he was helping, he calmed her enough she was able to fall asleep on his shoulder for most of the flight.