My Life-Long Battle

~Chapter 1~
People say I'm an upright person. Always lifting others up or always being so positive even at the darkest of moments. I've tried to keep it that way for 4 years. Since the other 13 I've taken for granted.
4 years ago I was diagnosed with Leukemia. I'm supposed to be dead at this point. I wasn't supposed to live this long. But I'm thankful for every day I get now, as I feel my body slowly shutting down.
When I was diagnosed, my parents took me out of school, so I missed 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th grade. Next year I'd be a senior. You can just say that my social life was just ripped from my hands.
At first people would come to visit, give cards and hugs and tears, but after about a year it all stopped. I always thought everyone stopped caring. I eventually got over it.
When your in the hospital for just over 4 years, things change. After the first couple treatments of chemotherapy my red hair was gone. I constantly am in pain. I mean I guess it's not all a burden. I've met some of my best friends here- Jessica, Baily, and Amy. We are all here for the same reason, or were. After a year of being here, Baily was cleared of cancer and went home. The next year Jess was cleared. Last year Amy didn't leave. She fought hard, but it was too much for her. I was devastated when I heard the news.
Now it's just me. Alone, numb, tired, homesick, and most of all weak. It's a miracle I've lived this long. I know that eventually I will die, that's why I was sent home.
The day I went home I was relieved, but also scared knowing I was going to die.