A Week from a Month

~Chapter 4~
It feels like time has dragged along, but yet has moved quickly at the same time. It's been a week already. I will say I haven't done much. I've been to the movies, went shopping with Mom, just normal stuff.
   Today I woke up wondering what I was going to do. Since I've been home there's one thing that's been on my mind-school. I've missed probably the best years of it. Now most people would probably be overjoyed to get 4 years out of school. Me not so much. When your always tired, in pain, in the hospital, and throwing up during that time, you'd rather be learning than anything.
    When it first started, I think I had a tutor, until I got worse. Which was only like a month. I was still in my room, laying on my bed staring at the ceiling. I thought about it for a while, then I grabbed my notebook and turned to the next empty page. I wrote:
   ~Day 8~
í'vє wσndєrєd αвσut ѕchσσl fσr α whílє. (tєchnícαllч í'vє hαd 4 чєαrѕ tσ.) tσdαч í'vє dєcídєd thαt í wαnt tσ вє вαck ín ѕchσσl.
   I slid it back under my pillow, and went to go find my mom.
   I found her on the computer in the living room. She was typing, probably something for work. I sat down next to her, and she stopped and looked at me.
   She said, "well someone is finally up."
  I smiled and said, "Mom, I have something to ask you."
   "What is it?" She asked.
   "Well I've thought about for a while, and I've decided that as part of operation Get My Life Back, I want to go back to school., I said nervously.
   My mom gave me a surprised blank look. She said, " well I don't know if we can do that. Even if we could you don't have the experience to be a senior let alone high school."
   I stated, " Mom you don't understand how much going would mean to me right now. I don't care what my IQ is, but I'll say that my death wish is to know that I spent the last months of my life living, in school."
   I could see my mother's eyes becoming glossy as she stared at me. She said, "Ally, I will try." As she started to cry she smiled, then we hugged for a long time.

About an hour later, my mom called and scheduled an appointment with the principle. It was at 2:30, so my mom and I started to get ready and go.
We got there at 2:27, not too early, not too late. The secretary brought us right to his office. Before we walked in, I noticed the name on the door- Mr. Andrews- my same principle from 4 years ago. We walked in and sat down.
Mr. Andrews was wearing a nice blue short-sleeved polo with a tie. He had those thin-framed glasses on as he turned his chair towards us.
He said, "Good afternoon Mrs. Mendez. Now how may I assist you?"
"Well, this might sound a little out of place, but my daughter, Ally, would like to come back to school," my mother said.
"Well, Ally, Mrs. Mendez, has missed four years of school. She left at the beginning of her eighth grade year. Now could you be a little more specific on what your daughter wants?" He said.
My mom replied, " I know all of this Mr. Andrews. What Ally is asking is to be able to come back to school at senior level. I'm aware this is a lot to ask, but it would mean a lot to Ally."
"Mom," I said, "Can I go to the bathroom?"
She nodded yes.
"Well Mrs. Mendez I don't know what I can do," he said.
"Listen, Mr. Andrews, my daughter has been in the hospital for 4 years. She wasn't even supposed to be here right now. She was finally sent home about a week ago, and not because she was cleared. She doesn't have a lot left, and all I'm asking is for this much," She said.
He said, " I'm sorry, Mrs. Mendez. Just give me today and I'll see what I can do."
"Thank you so much," Mom said.
Then I walked in, and my mom was smiling and crying at the same time. I don't know what my mom had said, but whatever it was it meant I was going back to school.

That night I ran to my bedroom and wrote "Accomplished" next to today's entry in the notebook. I closed it and put it under my pillow. Then I saw my phone next to my nightstand, I grabbed it. I looked on everything Instagram, snapchat, messaging, everything. What I saw made my eyes water. I scrolled through Instagram, almost every post was about me, same with snapchat. My inbox was blown up with over 5,000 messages.
I turned it off and put it on my nightstand. I smiled at the ceiling and thought, "thank you for everything, God." That night I went to bed with hope on my side. God is good.