Back Home

~Chapter 2~
Have you ever tried to plan out your whole life. I guess planning out the last six months of your life kind of matters. I mean I have no idea what I am going to do. Even though I was sent home, there will be things I wouldn't be able to do. I guess I'll just take it one day at a time.
When we pulled in the driveway, a lot of people were standing at our house. Friends, family, neighbors you name it. I thought, "oh great.
I was getting out of the car, when my brother-Marcus, started helping me. This way I felt useless so I said, "Marcus I've got it."
"I was just trying to-," I cut him off.
"I understand you were trying to help, Marcus, but that's all I hear. If you guys really want to help just stop helping and leave me alone!" I yelled.
I got out myself, and walked inside. I could see wide eyes staring at me through the corners of my eyes. No one stopped me or said anything. I guess they were shocked, because I would of never said anything like that, ever.
When I got to my room, I felt bad about what I said to everyone. Even though it was the truth. I've tried so hard to be positive, but when you hear people constantly say, "let me help you," for 4 years you feel like nothing, useless. I understood everyone was just trying to support me, but I couldn't take it anymore. I just sat there with my head to my knees, crying, as my tears blurred the view of everyone outside.

I watched until everyone left. One by one cars pulled away, and feet walked away. I saw my family walk inside, as the blue sky overhead turned cloudy. A few minutes later there was a knock on my door. I didn't say anything. My mom walked in, and sat on my bed next to me.
She said, "Hi, honey. Are you ok? You seemed upset earlier, do you want to talk about it?
Still staring out the window I say, "Mom, the problem is no one understands. It's no one's fault. It's just so frustrating when no one knows what your feeling. I know people are trying to help, but when they say that it makes me feel useless. It makes me feel that I haft to rely on everyone to do everything for me." Now I can feel tears running down my face.
My mom didn't say anything. She just hugged me for a long time. I started crying real hard. After a while I remember drifting off in my own bed that night. It was the best night I've had in four years.