🐾33. Die🐾

My father was rushed to the hospital amidst everyone's shock. I was in an extreme state of shock, unable to open my mouth to speak to anyone. No matter who asked me something, I didn't answer. But I was aware that someone was talking or asking me something. I was fully conscious the entire time. Therefore, answering all the questions became View B's job.

My mother still didn't understand what was happening, concluding on her own, that my father fainted because he was old.

Mike B, who had taken on the task of taking care of my father in the emergency room, came out and gave a brief update that my father had a heart attack, but was saved in time because I had already taken a basic CPR course.

"Dad has a heart problem."

Mike B said very briefly, not wanting to go into details as he didn't want to worry my mother.

"But he's safe now. Let's wait for him to wake up and then ask him why he suddenly fainted like that."

'How long until he wakes up?"

My mother was still anxious, crying constantly because she was afraid that my father would suddenly die. But if I had to compare the fear that everyone else had, mine was the biggest. Because if my father died, it would be all my fault.

Only mine!

"Mike can't say for sure either, Mom. But don't worry, daddy is safe now and in the hands of a great doctor like Mike. You can relax. I'll take care of the arrangements for daddy's room."

Mike smiles at mom before getting ready to handle the tasks. But he hesitated a little as he looked at me, then turned to ask as if he knew something, although he wasn't entirely sure.

"Is this P'May's fault?"

 “...”

"Don't be ridiculous, Mike."

View B, who was sitting next to me, immediately retorted. Her protective tone made Mike B purse his lips slightly before he made a "tsk" sound and walked away to continue his tasks.

"P'May, please say something."

View B reached out and placed her hand on my knee, giving it a gentle squeeze to comfort me. But even with View B, I hadn't said a word since everything happened.

“...”

"Don't do this. It's making me uncomfortable. P'May, aren't you going to talk to me? Are you mad at me?"

"No."

I finally spoke for the first time, and that made my little sister sigh in relief. 

"Okay, that's a relief. So what's wrong with you, P'May? Why are you so quiet? You're not showing any emotion, and it's scaring me that you might be in shock and shutting down for good."

"You've been watching too many cartoons. I just... I don't know what to do. Like Mike said, it's all my fault... everything."

"It's my fault, not yours. If anyone should be blamed, it's me for doing something reckless."

Shortly thereafter, Dad was transferred from the ER to a private room for recovery, as Mike had arranged. We all stayed by his side, occasionally dozing off. The next thing I knew, it was 4 p.m., just as Dad was waking up.

“Honey,” Mom, who is sitting next to his bed, call out to Dad the moment she sees him open his eyes. Dad looks a little groggy, as if he's gathering his thoughts, and looking around the room.

"The hospital, huh? That’s good… I barely had to travel."

 "Still kidding? You scared me! I thought you were dead!"