🐾09. In the middle🐾

"I like you."

As soon as the words came out, I immediately closed my mouth, and clenched my fists tightly. It hurts to speak like that. The silence between the two of us was now so intense that I could hear even the softest breeze brushing against my ear and the sound of cars passing by on the street.

And now, I am afraid that my little sister could hear my heart beating so hard that it felt like it would burst out of my chest.

My heart wasn't racing because of passion, but because I was about to die from shock and I had no idea how to fix this situation. But I'm still me. If I suddenly freaked out, it would look very suspicious. Slowly, I pulled away from View B and took a small step back, creating a small distance between us. Then I stand still while the little girl in front of me stand there stunning.

"If I had known this, I would have told you a long time ago." 

View B looks at me in disbelief.

"P'May..."

"You're not going to run away now, are you?" 

"... "

And then, my little sister suddenly fell to the ground so fast that it made my heart race. At first, I was going to ignore it, but when I saw View B fall like that, my body instinctively rushed towards her out of concern. This reaction prevented the little girl from hitting the ground too hard and hurting herself.

"P'May likes View What does that mean?" 

"It means in the middle."

"What?"

"I don't hate you, but I don't love either."

I replied, keeping my voice calm, trying to control my emotions so as not to reveal anything.

"I just feel indifferent towards you."

"Indifference and liking someone are very different things, you know."

"For me, they're the same thing. But if you like that word more, then I don't care."

View B push my hand away before slowly crawling away. I watching her in surprise, but before I could say anything, the little girl had already run away.

"View... View!"

She looks really shocked.

After maintaining my calm demeanor in front of her, I'm now pacing back and forth anxiously, almost tearing my hair out. I have no idea what View B is thinking about what I just said.

Honestly, all this time...

I tried to distance myself, but View B would often send Mike B, our brother, to bother me and asked for updates. I have to admit, I was glad I wasn't completely away from that kid.

But this time it's different. Having her real sister (or so she thinks) tell her that I like her-it's not love or hate, as defined by the family dictionary, would definitely make that little one think too much. She might even start to be afraid of me now. She probably wants to know, but she's too scared to ask anyone.

If she ask Mike B and the twin asked what happened, and I told him, it would definitely be very awkward.

"I like you.."

No matter how you look at it, it doesn't seem like something a family member would say.

"Mommy likes May." 

"Daddy likes May." 

"I like May."

Even I get the creeps just thinking about it!