ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟸𝟽𝟿

𝘗𝘦𝘢𝘬𝘸𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘛𝘚 | ɪɴᴛᴇʀ-ɢᴀᴛᴇ ᴇxᴛᴇʀᴍɪɴᴀᴛɪᴏɴ - 15

____________________________________

Lucifer standing under the Rinkawa barrier, clenched his fists, feeling the weight of the task ahead bearing down on him.

It wasn’t a matter of choice—it was a duty, one he could not ignore.

Just as he took a step forward, a voice called out to him from behind.

“Don’t rush it, Lucifer,”

Winged spoke, his voice calm yet firm.

He approached with a slow, measured stride, his wings folded gracefully behind him.

“Be calm. Everything will work out in our favor if we’re patient.”

Lucifer turned to face him, his expression sharp, the frustration evident in his eyes.

“No, we can’t always count on luck, Winged. Not with what’s at stake. If Alan becomes involved in this extermination, we’ll lose any advantage we might have.”

Winged tilted his head thoughtfully, his eyes narrowing as he considered Lucifer’s words.

“Wasn’t he awakened?”

he asked, raising an eyebrow.

“He already gained his consciousness at Peak East, did he not?”

“Yes, he did,”

Lucifer replied, crossing his arms.

“But that’s exactly why I’m worried. Peak East isn’t enough to hold him. Alan’s power is unlike any we’ve seen before, and even the Rinkawa barrier might not be enough to contain him. My heart tells me that this isn’t over. Not by a long shot.”

Winged sighed, shaking his head with a faint smile.

“Lucifer, you worry too much. The Rinkawa barrier was designed to seal souls. Even if he awakens, he’ll be bound by it. There’s no need for concern. He’s as good as trapped.”

Lucifer clenched his jaw, his eyes distant.

“You don’t understand. I can feel it. There’s something more here, something we’re missing. Alan’s spirit... it’s resilient. I fear it won’t be long before he finds a way to break free.”

Winged gave a dismissive wave, brushing off Lucifer’s concerns.

“Aw man, come on,” he said with a light chuckle. “Let’s not waste our time worrying about him. He’s trapped, and there’s nothing he can do. Instead, why don’t we go have some fun with the non-participants? They’re ripe for the picking.”

Lucifer raised an eyebrow, crossing his arms as he considered the proposition.

"And what good will that do us?"

he asked, his tone skeptical.

“We’re here for a reason, Winged. We can’t afford to get distracted. The clock is ticking, and every moment counts.”

“Oh, Lucifer, don’t be so serious all the time,”

Winged replied, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

“Extermination isn’t all about strategy. Sometimes, it’s about enjoying the process. And besides, thinning the herd might give us a little more room to maneuver. Who knows? It could work in our favor.”

Lucifer glanced back at the mist-covered peaks below, his gaze distant.

He understood Winged’s perspective; after all, they had been through countless battles together, facing foes that most could only imagine in their darkest nightmares.