ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟸𝟾𝟸

𝘗𝘦𝘢𝘬𝘸𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘛𝘚 | ɪɴᴛᴇʀ-ɢᴀᴛᴇ ᴇxᴛᴇʀᴍɪɴᴀᴛɪᴏɴ - 18

____________________________________

[ 𝐒𝐮𝐳𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐧 𝐇𝐨𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥 - 𝐊𝐲𝐨𝐭𝐨 ]

At Suzuran Hospital, Jack and Moon sat quietly in the reception hall, feeling a bit out of place.

Jack fidgeted uncomfortably, glancing around at the humans who passed by.

Jack: “This… uh—this feels so weird.”

Moon looked at him with an amused smirk, observing the curious glances thrown their way.

Moon: “Just look at them. Everyone’s staring like we’re some kind of rare animal.”

Jack sighed, crossing his arms. “Feels strange to be around humans. They’re staring as if they’ve never seen us before.”

A nurse approached, offering a polite smile.

“You both can leave now. The patient will be discharged tomorrow.”

Jack raised a brow.

“But—”

The nurse cut him off with a reassuring nod.

“Yes, all the medicines have been charged to a benefactor, so there’s no cost to you. Don’t worry about it.”

Moon bowed slightly.

“Thank you so much.”

“You’re welcome,”

the nurse replied, and then she turned to head back toward the patient’s room.

Jack and Moon stood up and started making their way toward the exit.

Jack noticed Moon casting a wary glance back as they walked, catching the nurse taking out her phone.

Nurse (on the phone): “Yes, they’re here.

"They’re leaving now…"

"Understood. Thank you, sir.”

The nurse ended the call and hurried after them.

“Hey! Wait!”

Moon turned around slowly, eyes narrowing as she took in the nurse’s expression.

Moon: “Yes?”

The nurse held up a small purse.

“You left your purse behind.”

Moon’s eyes flashed with suspicion. She hadn’t brought a purse—she never did.

Being part of Peakwest, she was far from ordinary, and she doesn't have any purse.

Jack leaned in, whispering to her.

“Ahem. I don’t deal with girls. You handle this one.”

Moon took a cautious step forward, eyeing the nurse.

Just as she was about to speak, a faint whistling echoed through the gates.

She recognized the tune immediately, and her gaze shifted beyond the nurse.

Three figures were approaching them, moving with a purpose.

One of them, a young man with a shaved head, muttered under his breath as he caught sight of them.

Sai: “Isha… are you sure about this?”

The woman beside him, Isha, nodded without hesitation.

She wore a mask that concealed most of her face, but her eyes were sharp and intense.