ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟸𝟾𝟹

𝘗𝘦𝘢𝘬𝘸𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘛𝘚 | ɪɴᴛᴇʀ-ɢᴀᴛᴇ ᴇxᴛᴇʀᴍɪɴᴀᴛɪᴏɴ - 19

____________________________________

As Makaruna’s color shifted back to white, Aarush immediately recognized the creature’s return to a defensive stance.

The change in hue complicated matters, showing that Makaruna was adapting yet again.

“My god. Are you blessed?”

Aarush muttered, watching as the beast rose, streaked with blood from the impact of the crimson art pillar.

Makaruna shook off the blood, then charged directly at Aarush with ground-shaking force.

Aarush stood his ground, unflinching as the massive beast closed in.

With its powerful arm, Makaruna swung a punch that felt like it could break a moon.

[ “𝐂𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐥𝐝!” ]

Aarush shouted, his ninth crimson variation materializing a barrier that absorbed the blow.

Without hesitation, Aarush launched a counterattack, stepping forward with blinding speed.

His leg transformed into a dagger of crimson energy aimed at Makaruna’s neck.

[ “𝙲𝚛𝚒𝚖𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙳𝚊𝚐𝚐𝚎𝚛 !” ]

Aarush’s strike connected, but Makaruna retaliated instantly, grabbing Aarush’s leg and smashing him into the ground.

Dazed but undeterred, Aarush unleashed a series of crimson slashes, each one more ferocious than the last.

“I think I get it now,”

he thought, noting Makaruna’s change in tactics.

He scrambled to his feet and dashed toward a cluster of buildings.

Makaruna was relentless, pursuing him with an arsenal of crimson arts—beams, slashes, and bursts of energy—that obliterated everything in their path.

Aarush leaped from rooftop to rooftop, but Makaruna quickly closed the gap, launching a kick that sent him crashing through several buildings.

Aarush tumbled through the wreckage, each impact knocking the wind out of him as he fought to regain his footing.

Regaining his composure, Aarush noticed they were dangerously close to the human district.

If the battle continued here, countless lives would be lost.

“I can’t keep retreating,”

he thought.

“If I let this thing reach the human area, Kyoto is doomed.”

With renewed resolve, Aarush sprinted back toward Makaruna, hoping to draw it away from the populated areas.

But Makaruna anticipated his move, delivering a punch that threw Aarush even closer to the heart of the city.

Sliding to a halt, Aarush yelled into the chaos,

“𝙔𝙊𝙐 𝙒𝘼𝙉𝙉𝘼 𝙂𝙊?”

The intensity of their battle only grew, each clash of their powers shaking the city.

Buildings crumbled, and the ground itself seemed to give way beneath their onslaught.

Kyoto teetered on the brink of destruction as the relentless fight continued.

Would Aarush be able to turn the tide and save Kyoto, or was the city destined to be reduced to ruins?

To be continued…