ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟸𝟾𝟼

𝘗𝘦𝘢𝘬𝘸𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘛𝘚 | ɪɴᴛᴇʀ-ɢᴀᴛᴇ ᴇxᴛᴇʀᴍɪɴᴀᴛɪᴏɴ - 22

____________________________________

The crimson energy of the Art of Crimson intensified, sending endless slashes and variations toward Makaruna.

Each attack drove deeper, and with every cut, Makaruna’s regenerative abilities began to falter.

Yet, the creature switched back to its defensive form, turning a blinding white.

Joel smirked, unphased.

“Let’s see how long you can keep this up.”

With a swift movement, Joel unleashed his eighteenth formation once again—

[ 𝙏𝙚𝙖𝙧 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙁𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙣 𝘿𝙧𝙖𝙜𝙤𝙣 ].

The colossal crimson dragon materialized and clamped onto Makaruna’s jaw, restricting its movements.

The dragon flung Makaruna toward Joel, who was already preparing for the next attack.

[ 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐇 ! ]

As the Dark Flash struck, Makaruna’s regeneration visibly slowed.

The blow also triggered a transformation within Makaruna, forcing it to awaken.

Its body grew taller, more muscular, and shifted to a half-white, half-black form.

Despite this newfound strength, Makaruna was still bombarded by the relentless slashes of the crimson realm.

Joel observed, his eyes narrowing.

“My realm guarantees a sure hit, yet it’s still standing. This awakening makes things... complicated. I can’t let it gain the upper hand. I have to end this now.”

With unwavering resolve, Joel spoke,

“As long as I’m within my realm, I have no regrets. If wiping out this monster means sacrificing Kyoto’s people, so be it.”

He extended his arm and activated his nineteenth variation.

[ 𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐌 ]

[ 𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐒𝐄 ! ]

A massive beam of crimson energy erupted, obliterating everything in its path.

The destructive force was unlike anything ever seen; the beam cut through the city with unstoppable power, leaving nothing but ashes.

Yet, within the devastation, a tiny barrier cracked and then shattered.

Joel ceased his attack and looked on, expecting to see Makaruna's end.

But there, amid the ashes, was Yuki—battered, injured, and barely conscious. Joel’s eyes widened, and he whispered,

“𝘠𝘶𝘬𝘪...”

Just then, the realm of Lucifer faded, drawing Joel and Yuki back to Peakwest.

Their souls, both marked by the fierce battle, became trapped within the Rinkawa Barrier.

The city of Kyoto lay in ruins, but Joel and Yuki’s story was far from over.

Their destinies were now intertwined, sealed within the barrier.

To Be Continued...