Natsuki

Ryunosuke Akutagawa wasn't the only one receiving harsh and brutal teachings from Osamu Dazai

    Ryunosuke Akutagawa wasn't the only one receiving harsh and brutal teachings from Osamu Dazai. A young girl was found a little after Akutagawa, Dazai was amused at how often opportunities presented themselves to him, taking the girl under his wing.

   Natsuki Fujiwara was nothing and no one when Dazai found her. She was an orphan, and treated poorly from everyone around her. When a boy came offering a roof, and hot food, as well as guidance to giving her life purpose, Nat pledged to herself to make her blind obedience all she would know. She would do anything Dazai asked, no matter how immoral or wrong. She would never ask for anything in return.

  Nat took his cruel words as constructive criticism, truly believing every foul thing uttered to her, using it to attempt to be better. She had an insatiable need to please him, to hear praise just once to allow her the knowledge she was doing well. But it never came. She would come to know, it never would. And she accepted it.

  Nat never looked at another of the opposite gender that wasn't Dazai, in fear he'd view it as disrespectful, even though he never cared. It was her personal choice, tying into how devoted she'd be. Most found it peculiar in the Port Mafia, but it came to be normal for Nat. Soon, no one batted an eye. Not even Mori himself, he admired he could have Dazai tell her to do whatever he wished and she would carry it out no matter the circumstances.

  Nat learned to fight opponents without looking at their faces, by being blindfolded. Her ability is called Hearth of Darkness. It allows her to feel movements all around her using the shadows, giving her heightened hearing, and the ability to feel everything moving around her once activated. She can manipulate the shadows and bend them to whatever shape she needs, but rarely uses this side of her ability as it can be quite physically taxing. She trained day in and day out, constantly working to be better, to be stronger for Dazai.

"Natsuki." Dazai called from behind her. She'd been in the kitchen making tea, and his voice alone halted her actions.

"Y-yes, Dazai?" She responded nervously. Her fingers gripped her mug tightly, anxious to hear what he has to say.

"Collect Akutagawa and be in my office in no more than ten minutes. Is that understood?" His voice lacked any emotion. It was cold and icy.

"Yes, sir." Nat replied suppressing a shiver.

    He didn't say anything further, as his steps clicked away. Nat rushed around headquarters looking for the boy in question, he was sixteen while Nat was only fourteen. He didn't particularly like the girl, as Dazai assigned her more missions than he, and often regarded her as his rival.

   Nat knocked on his door, and it opened with haste shortly after. Her gaze was glued to the floor, seeing his leather shoes in the doorway.

"What is it?" He demanded coldly.