Change

Natsuki was walking in the direction of the basement when she passed Akutagawa in the hall

   Natsuki was walking in the direction of the basement when she passed Akutagawa in the hall. She didn't want him to know she was getting punished, and especially didn't want him to know it was his fault.

"Are you-"

"No." She answered quickly. "I'm just doing some cleaning for Dazai. That is all." Nat said quietly. Something inside him didn't sit right with her words.

"Then you won't mind talking to me for a couple minutes?" He asked testing to see how anxious she'd get, if his gut was right after all.

"Not at all." She said standing in place, knowing how severe her punishment will get if she's late.

"I see. Gin mentioned something about the theater tonight, wanted me to pass along a message, seeing if you would go with her." Akutagawa said, and he wasn't lying, though he could've told her after she was done with her task.

"Of course, tell her I'm not sure how long this task will take, but I will gladly join her." Nat spoke hopeful to have a semblance of peace after the violence that's about to occur.

"I'll pass it along. You may go now, if you're in such a hurry." Akutagawa raised a brow at her.

"Have a good day, Akutagawa." She said softly before continuing her walk, keeping it casual until she was out of sight.

    Akutagawa stood a bit stunned. She was never polite to anyone in the mafia who wasn't Dazai. So it was strange she said such a thing to him at all, he decided he'd follow her, stay in the shadows.

    When Natsuki entered the basement Dazai immediately nullified her ability, ushering her to the wall with the cuffs.

"You're late, Natsuki. And you know how I feel about that." Dazai said in his usual calmly cold tone.

"Yes, sir. Forgive me, I lost track of time." Nat said quietly. She'd never tell him the real reason. A small lie to preserve the peace, is what she told herself.

"Tsk tsk, Natsuki. I'm just going to have to hurt you more for that. It's been a long time since you've slipped up, I have to say it's disappointing." He said as he pulled out his handgun and cocked it. "Hold your right hand out, and whatever happens...don't move." He ordered.

    Natsuki held her right hand out flat against the concrete wall, looking Dazai in the eyes with a neutral expression. The only sounds were the gun firing and the bullet whizzing past her head, the hot wet sensation in her hand, and the blood dripping onto the floor. She didn't move a muscle, not even a finger twitch. The next one lodged itself in her thigh, then in the left hip. Three shots, one for her failure, one for her weakness, and one for being late.

    Dazai set his gun down on the table and strolled to her body, running a hand from her knee upwards delicately.

"You do understand why I had to do this, don't you? I can't have weakness, it's disgusting. And you've disappointed me greatly today." Dazai spoke as he continued trailing up to her hip, squeezing it tightly.