Makeover

Natsuki didn't hear any orders once she made it back into headquarters

    Natsuki didn't hear any orders once she made it back into headquarters. Either Akutagawa didn't say anything or she just tuned him out by accident, but she locked herself in her bedroom. Chuuya was the unlucky guy near the entrance when they got back, getting an undeserved shoulder check as she passed by.

"Hey! What the hell is her problem?" Chuuya asked annoyed, rubbing his shoulder slightly.

"We ran into Dazai." Akutagawa said monotone, and Chuuya's expression softened. He did care about Natsuki, and despised the way Dazai treated her. He met Natsuki when she was thirteen, when Dazai tried to make him more like her. He hated it, it was a disgusting thing for her to be so blindly obedient. To willingly be his dog.

Yet, Chuuya carried no qualms about her desire to do the same for Akutagawa. Higuchi even offered him blind faith, and he thought maybe it was just a different breed of women. That maybe the Port Mafia attracted that behavior in them, or forced it out.

Later that night Chuuya knocked on her door with a plate of dinner, and his pack of cigarettes ready. Nat let him in, taking the plate wordlessly as he walked over to her window, pushed it open, and lit his cigarette. She didn't mind him smoking in her room all that much, it became a normal thing after the first fifteen times. He insisted she had a better view of the city, yet turned down her offer to trade rooms because his was bigger. It made no sense to her at all, so she stopped protesting.

"Want one?" Chuuya offered a cigarette to her. Nat shrugged, finishing her food and walked over to where he was.

    She took the cigarette and placed it between her lips, sitting on the booth just below her window, his hand coming to light it for her.

"I hear you stood up for yourself." Chuuya said amused.

"I didn't like how he was speaking to Aku. It's not fair, and he doesn't deserve it." Nat spoke, earning furrowed brows from the ginger in response.

"What about how he spoke to you?" Chuuya quipped. She turned to face him after blowing her smoke to the side.

"What about it?" She asked confused, not seeing the fault in her actions.

"You think you deserved the way he talked to you? That doesn't sound right to me." Chuuya remarked casually.

"I'm just a tool to be used, just because Akutagawa handles me differently, doesn't mean it changes what I am." Chuuya let out a scoff, making her frown as she flicked the cigarette leftovers out of her window.

"He doesn't view you as a tool to be used, Nat. Are you really that dense?" Chuuya was borderline laughing at her oblivion.

"I would be hurt if he didn't." Nat brushed his comment off, if she wasn't being used she didn't know her place in the world. She didn't ever want to feel like that again.