Chapter 15

The Alpha smiled tenderly as he leaned down to capture my lips in a soft, lingering kiss. As our mouths met, I surrendered to the emotions that overwhelmed me. The desire mixed with the warmth of his affection. His tongue danced with mine, exploring every crevice of my mouth with gentle urgency, igniting a fire deep within me. His other hand slid down my back, tracing the line of my spine before settling on my waist. I gasped into the kiss as he pulled me even closer, feeling his hard chest against mine. Nervously, I reached out and touched his stomach, feeling the hard planes of muscle that sent a burning heat to my core.

My breathing grew heavier as my heart pounded in a rhythm that sent a tingling sensation to parts of me I didn't think could feel like that. The warmth from his body penetrated mine, sending shivers of pleasure throughout my entire being. His scent of pine mingled with the sweet fragrance of sweat and passion, creating an intoxicating aroma that only heightened my arousal. I had never felt this way before. The need was so intense it left me aching.

The Alpha's lips left mine and trailed hot kisses down my throat and collarbone, causing goosebumps to rise along my flushed skin. His teeth grazed my earlobe, sending shivers down my spine. He pulled away and gazed into my eyes. "I've missed you," he said, my gaze watching his lips with erotic intent. "I have gone so long without a mate, and now I have you. A gift from the Moon Goddess, my little Wildling." His hot breath fanned across the dampened skin of my neck as his hand slid up between our bodies to cup my breast through my silk nightgown, prompting a sharp gasp from me. All ability to think rationally evaporated as desire consumed me and I focused solely on the sensation of his thumb circling my nipple through the thin fabric.

His other hand left the small of my back, traveling lower to tug my nightgown up, baring my hips and thighs to his strong touch. He traced a finger along the crease where thigh met hip, teasing my skin before slipping beneath the edge of my panties. His fingers slipped between my slick folds, groaning as he discovered how wet I was for him. The pad of his thumb began working slow circles around my swollen clit while his middle finger probed inside me, stretching me in preparation for what was to come.

Something in the Alpha changed, the tenderness of his touch was replaced by a brutal possessiveness. My breath hitched as his fingers curled into my hips, bruising my soft flesh with his fervent grip. I pulled back to gaze at the once familiar face above me and watched as it twisted into something dark. A dark, blistered scarlet scar formed across his face, and the cruel gray eyes of Zander bore into mine, a sinister smirk twisting his lips.

The room around us dissolved, replaced by the dank confines of the cage that had been my hell. The stench of fear and despair clogged my nostrils, and the icy bite of metal seared my skin where it touched. I thrashed beneath his touch, my breath coming in short, sharp gasps as Zander loomed over me.

"Did you really think you could escape me, my love?" His voice slithered through my mind, a poisonous caress that sent shivers down my spine. "You belong to me. You'll always belong to me."

I recoiled, pressing myself against the bars as if I could somehow melt through them and flee this waking nightmare. But there was nowhere to run, nowhere to hide from the monster that had shattered my world and carved his mark into my very being.

He stepped closer, his muscular frame blocking out the sliver of light. My breath caught in my throat as he reached out, his fingers brushing against my cheek.

"You can't run from me, Lila," he growled, his voice low and rough. "I can see it in your eyes. You want this as much as I do."

Tears streamed down my face, hot and thick with terror. I squeezed my eyes shut, praying to wake up, to be back with the Alpha, where I was sure to feel something other than this. But when I opened my eyes, Zander's face filled my vision, his eyes alight with a cruel hunger that turned my blood to ice.