Chapter 28

Enzo

Papa was going on leave for the weekend. Pedro no longer checked on me as he had promised, so I planned to sneak out to the park on Saturday. I was going to pretend I was in my room all day. It's not like anyone ever came to check on me or talk to me. I knew how to sneak out of the house, too. I no longer went to Diego's house because of what I had done before, and now Pedro didn't trust Diego.

My friends said they would also come to the park with their girlfriends. Diego mentioned that he had a girl he liked, so he asked her to come, too. I invited Mia to join us as well. Everything was planned perfectly. Diego had had a license since he was 16, so he said he would take me in his car. I had to sneak out of the house first, then walk to his house and get into his car.

Around 8 o'clock, I snuck out of the house and joined Diego.
"Shit, I can't pay with my card," I said, remembering I was using Pedro's card.
"What a horrible life you have, Enzo," Diego said, speaking the truth.
"Yeah," I agreed.

"Sorry, buddy. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. But it's horrible," Diego said.
"I know," I replied.

"I know you don't have a choice, though," he said, looking at me. Diego was freaking handsome now. He had the kind of brown skin that girls liked. He was taller than me and had a healthy, masculine body. He said he had been going to the gym. Since I had a gym at home, I didn't go out. Papa forced me to exercise, saying it was good for my health since I was always stressed and depressed at home. But the main reason I exercised was to look good. I didn't know if I looked better than Diego, though. I thought he was the most attractive guy in our group.

This was the first time I had gone to a park, and there were lots of people there, with young couples everywhere, kissing, hugging, and talking.

"Hey, guys," Noah came with his girlfriend to chill out. Noah couldn't live without girls.
Elijah arrived with a girl who looked like a model.

"So this is your girlfriend?" Noah asked, surprised.

"Yeah, why?" Elijah replied.

"Where did you find her?" Noah asked.

"She's my neighbor," Elijah said.

"Does she have sisters?" Noah asked secretly.

"No, she doesn't," Elijah replied.

Diego's girlfriend and Mia also arrived. My Mia was the cutest among the others. She looked like a pink rose as always, her cheeks blushing from the sun's rays. We found shade under a huge tree and lay down.

"Enzo, don't wander off too far," Diego whispered in my ear.

"Are you my bodyguard now?" I joked.

"Don't be silly, Enzo," he said, squeezing my shoulder before walking away.

"What did he say?" Mia asked.

"He asked me to stay closer to them," I replied.

"Sometimes he's like your brother, isn't he? He really cares about you," Mia observed.
"Does he?" I wondered aloud.

"Yes," Mia said. I gently kissed her pink lips. She was so sweet.

"You are gorgeous. Maybe my Mama also looks like you," I accidentally said aloud.

"What do you mean?" she asked, surprised.

"Nothing. Forget that," I replied, but it was too late.