51-60

Chapter 51 Starting Again
Kang Mingzhe seemed to be under a spell and unconsciously reached out and touched Ruan Jingwen's cheek. They were both stunned at the same time.

The door suddenly opened, and Aunt Wang, who hadn't arrived yet, walked into the room with her signature loud voice, "Oh, I'm going to be gone for a night, how come you're giving birth just like that!"

Kang Mingzhe was brought back to his senses by this sudden voice. He quickly withdrew his hand as if he had been burned, "Wang, Aunt Wang is here, I'm going outside to smoke a cigarette."

As he said this, his face turned red and he ran away.

Ruan Jingwen looked at Kang Mingzhe's back thoughtfully as he left, and realized something.

She retracted her gaze, smiled, reached out and held Aunt Wang's hand, and comforted her: "Aunt Wang, don't worry, I'm fine."

Aunt Wang had already heard Yun Kai's retelling on the way, and now she was so distressed that she began to cry as she touched Ruan Jingwen's hand, "Oh, poor child, you really suffered. You said I wouldn't come back earlier or later, but why did I have to come back when you were about to give birth? What a sin!"

Yun Kai hurriedly pressed Aunt Wang's shoulders and sat down, "Aunt Wang, if you cry, Sister Ruan will feel bad too. She just gave birth and she can't cry."

Aunt Wang raised her sleeves and wiped away her tears. "Oh, that's right, look at me, I'm so old but still so ignorant. I brought some food over, Wenwen, eat something quickly, look at your little face, it's lifeless. Where is the child? I'll go check on him."

"She's receiving an IV in the neonatal intensive care unit. She'll be here soon. Aunt Wang, please sit down and rest for a while."

Ruan Jingwen started to eat. Aunt Wang looked at her pale face and lips, feeling uncomfortable again. "Why is your life so miserable?"

Ruan Jingwen had come to terms with it now, and she comforted Aunt Wang instead, "Everything will be fine."

Ruan Jingwen was discharged from the hospital after three days, but the child had to stay in the neonatal intensive care unit for another ten days. Kang Mingzhe could only run back and forth to deliver milk, or directly take Ruan Jingwen to the hospital to see the child.

The weather was good this morning, and the hospital called today to say that the child was doing well and would be discharged in a day or two. Ruan Jingwen's mood was as bright as the weather at the moment, and she squinted her eyes and sat in a rocking chair by the window to bask in the sun.

Aunt Wang looked at Ruan Jingwen and saw that she was in a good mood. While wiping the table, she started chatting casually, "Wenwen, what do you think of our Mingzhe?"

Ruan Jingwen closed her eyes with a relaxed expression on her face. Thinking of Kang Mingzhe, a middle-aged man with an unshaven beard and a vicissitudes of life, she curled her lips and said, "Brother Kang is kind-hearted and helpful. He is handsome, can cook, and can make money. He is definitely a rare good man."

Aunt Wang showed a look of joy, feeling that there was a way, so she put down the rag, walked to Ruan Jingwen, took her hand, and asked tentatively: "Have you ever thought about taking a step forward?"

Ruan Jingwen opened her eyes, smiling as she stared at the kind-looking old man in front of her. "Auntie Wang, do you want to know it yourself, or did Brother Kang ask you to find out from me?"

"Mingzhe didn't say anything, and he didn't let me ask you. I saw that the boy was not good at talking, so I said something to help you two get together."