191-200

Chapter 191 Chaos
Amid Zhang Xiaoling's mother's anger, Ruan Jingwen finally regained her sanity. She clenched her fists tightly, clasped her palms, and tried to calm herself down. "Xiaoling, I'm sorry, it's Auntie who is anxious."

Zhang Xiaoling shook her head. "Aunt, I was wrong too. I didn't see Xinxin at school this morning, so I should have told you."

The woman snorted. “Alright, that’s all our child knows.”

The man glared at his wife and said sincerely, "Go look for him at the joint venture. He may still be nearby."

After saying this, I felt a little guilty.

After saying goodbye to the family of three, Ruan Jingwen called home. After confirming that Xinxin had not returned home yet, Ruan Jingwen, Kang Mingzhe, Sun Qian, Sun Xing, and Xinze, several employees who knew Xinxin, began to inquire around the Lianjie Department Store.

Although the Lianying Department Store is called a department store, it actually closed down five or six years ago. Only an empty building is left with a lot of shelf mannequins and other things left inside. There are quite a few kids who use this place as their secret base.

The surrounding area is also full of relatively old bungalows, and most of the residents are migrant workers or those from poor families, and the environment is also rather messy.

Several people went door to door asking.

Kang Mingzhe saw that Ruan Jingwen looked unhappy, so he hurriedly pulled her to a cool and ventilated place under the eaves, "Jingwen, do you want to take a rest first?"

Ruan Jingwen's face turned pale. She pursed her lips and shook her head, then knocked on another door.

The door was opened and the person who opened it was wearing a face mask and gloves.

Ruan Jingwen showed a surprised look, "Liu Xinxin? You live here?"

Liu Xin nodded calmly and greeted, "Boss Ruan, Boss Kang."

"My daughter got lost around here this morning. She was about this tall, had a ponytail, and was wearing the uniform of No. 4 Middle School. Have you seen her?"

There was a noise coming from inside the house, followed by a loud crash, which sounded like a whole piece of glass breaking. "Niuniu, stop it!" Liu Xinxin shouted into the house, "Sorry, Mr. Ruan, my cat is a little naughty. I took a day off today and haven't been out for the whole day. I'm sorry I didn't see the little girl you mentioned."

Ruan Jingwen forced a smile and said, "It's okay, just continue to rest."

Ruan Jingwen stood there for a while, watching Liu Xinxin close the door, and heard a cursing voice from inside the room, "You are so naughty again. How am I going to explain to the landlord if the glass is broken? I think you are going to be beaten."

Then a woman's voice said, "You hit her again. Didn't we agree not to hit her again?"

"Why do you care so much?"

With no intention of prying into other people's gossip, Ruan Jingwen went to the next house.

As the sky gradually darkened, several people gathered in front of the joint venture gate again. Everyone looked at each other and shook their heads.

Ruan Jingwen's eyes were filled with despair, and she twitched the corners of her mouth, forcing a smile. "Sorry to bother you. I'll call the police tomorrow, and you can go about your business."

"You are so polite to us. You should have a good rest when you go back. Seeing you like this, I am really worried that you will fall ill."

"Jingwen, don't be too anxious. It will be much easier for the police to investigate tomorrow than it is for us."