151-160

Chapter 151 Matching (Part 2)
Liang Guizhi was holding a half-cut apple in her hand. When she heard Ruan Jingwen asked her husband to replace her son's kidney, she immediately got angry. She threw the apple away, and the tip of the fruit knife almost pointed at Ruan Jingwen's nose, "What the hell do you mean? You still want your brother's kidney? Why don't you replace it yourself as a mother, but you are thinking about your brother. I have never seen a girl like you in my life. You are really a bottomless pit that can never be filled. Your family wants everything, and now you even want a kidney!"

Ruan Jingwen suppressed her anger and put on a begging posture, "I was injured in an accident a while ago and my left kidney was removed. So I had no choice but to come and discuss this with you."

When the other three people in the room heard that Ruan Jingwen was so badly injured, none of them showed any concern. Liang Guizhi was even visibly happy. She picked up the apple, trimmed it in a few seconds, and handed it to Ruan Jinglei. She sneered, "Oh, evildoers get evil consequences. They deserve it. What you don't have is your family's business. Your brother's won't be given to you. Forget it."

Ruan Jingwen turned to look at Ruan Jinglei, "Brother, what do you say?"

Ruan Jinglei smoked with his eyelids lowered, and said in a muffled voice: "Your sister-in-law has the final say in my family."

Ruan Jingwen had no intention of convincing them with just a few words. She took out a dozen brand new fifty-yuan bills from her bag and put them on the coffee table. "This is five thousand yuan. As long as you agree to go for the matching, whether it succeeds or not, these will be left to you. If the matching is successful and the kidney is transplanted, I will give you another 100,000 yuan, and you can consider this kidney as bought by me."

When she saw Ruan Jingwen taking out the money, Liang Guizhi was stunned. That green stack of 5,000 yuan was Ruan Jinglei's salary for several years. One hundred thousand yuan was just a fantasy, and she didn't even dare to think about it.

She used to think that being a teacher was a pretty good job as it provided a stable income and social status. But now she realizes that running a business and being a boss is the right way to go.

She looked at Ruan Jingwen with shining eyes and asked anxiously, "Is everything you said true?"

Seeing that his wife seemed to agree, Ruan Jinglei got anxious first, "Guizhi, that's a kidney, not hair or nails. I'll give it to whoever you want."

"That's right, wife. I've heard that a man without a kidney is half as weak as a laborer. Our family relies on Jing Lei, so we dare not hurt him."

Ruan Jingwen snorted in her heart. Liang Guizhi and Ruan Jinglei's refusal was understandable, but for Ruan's mother, it was a matter of life and death, and it was obvious which one to choose. Ruan's mother was always reminding people around her how biased this mother was.

Liang Guizhi spat disapprovingly, "Bah, it's just a kidney, you have two. Besides, you're a teacher and don't do manual labor, what's there to be afraid of? Don't you think about what you can do with the money you earn? Your son is getting older and older, he should have his own room, he's still squeezing in with grandma, what's wrong, aren't you afraid of being laughed at by others? This is 100,000 yuan, we can't save that in our lifetime."

Ruan Jinglei was hit in the soft spot, and fell silent, smoking a cigarette. The house his family lives in now was allocated by the previous school, and he was supposed to take it back after being fired. Later, he gave all the 3,000 yuan he got from Ruan's mother to the school, and finally stayed after much persuasion.

But this house is barely 50 square meters, and my son and his grandmother squeeze into a small room of a few square meters. After putting down a double bed, there is only enough space for a desk, and there is no room for a stool. Xiaozhe usually sits on the bed to study. The child is about to enter the fifth grade, and often comes back to complain that other classmates have their own rooms, but he is the only one who is squeezed with his grandmother.