141-150

Chapter 141 Accidental Injury
The children's play starts at two o'clock in the afternoon. Wei Ziming plans to take the two to the canteen for lunch before going over.

Passing by KFC, Ruan Zexin asked for a sundae.

Wei Ziming parked the car on the side of the road and took Ruan Zexin to the other side of the road to buy. Ruan Jingwen felt it was too hot in the car, so she got out of the car and stood in the shade on the side of the road.

Across the street, a woman wrapped in a veil and wearing sunglasses passed by Wei Ziming.

Ruan Jingwen took a casual look, complained that it was not too hot in the dog days of summer, and turned her head away. Her attention was attracted by the glass window of a ceramic product shop on the street.

The woman was determined to see Ruan Jingwen, and she didn't even look at the cars on both sides of the road. She walked straight towards him amid the urgent honking of cars. When they passed by, a corner of her scarf was blown open by the wind, and the exposed mouth and nose made Ruan Jingwen feel strangely familiar.

Just as I was wondering where I had seen her before, I saw the corners of the woman's mouth curled up in a sneer, which was eerie and creepy even in the hottest days of summer.

The two bodies overlapped, and Ruan Jingwen suddenly felt a chill on her waist. All the strength in her body was drained away with the chill. Her legs went limp and she collapsed to the ground. The woman squatted down following Ruan Jingwen with a grim smile.

A sharp pain came over her, and Ruan Jingwen felt a sticky blood stain on her hand.

"I don't think you'll die!"

The woman murmured sinisterly, pulled out the knife that was inserted into Ruan Jingwen's body, and stabbed it again.

Ruan Jingwen fell backwards on the sidewalk out of control.

Amid the screams of passers-by, the woman stood up, took off her sunglasses, and looked down at Ruan Jingwen's painful expression with cold eyes. She was not panicked at all, and had no intention of leaving.

Even if the face turned into ashes, Ruan Jingwen recognized it. It was Wang Xue whom she had not seen for many days.

Ruan Jingwen felt that the people around her were moving in slow motion as if in a movie. The sounds were getting farther and farther away from her, and her vision was gradually blurring.

"Jingwen!"

"Mother!"

The voices of Wei Ziming and Ruan Zexin seemed to be separated by a layer of plastic film, making them hazy and unclear. Her sight finally stopped on Wei Ziming's anxious face, and Ruan Jingwen's consciousness fell into complete darkness.

There was a rumbling sound in his head and his ears seemed to be deaf. Wei Ziming forced himself to calm down. He reached out and pulled the scarf from Wang Xue's neck, wrapped it around Ruan Jingwen's waist to cover the wound. He asked Ruan Zexin to hold her down tightly and carried her into the car.

"Ze Xin, now is not the time to cry. If you cry, you will lose your strength and Mom will bleed more. Do you understand?"

Ruan Zexin nodded, swallowing down a hiccup, "Uncle, I can't hold it back."

The gauze scarf was already soaked, and Ze Xin could feel the sticky blood gushing out uncontrollably, forming a small pool on the leather seat.

Wei Ziming's voice trembled slightly, "Don't be afraid, Ze Xinzi, just try harder and we'll be at the hospital soon."