Chapter 11

"Yeah, 'cause they'll never get us alive here in your storage room."

I stumbled and came across tomato sauces and bread crumbs and a whole lot more of junk folds.

Once this, Simon-barging-in-Craig's-luxurious-apartment thing is over, I'd definitely schedule Craig with a nutritionist to know if he still have nutrients underneath those lean heavenly sculptured muscles. Okay, I did not just called him incredibly hot, indirectly.

The storage room was big and spacious and you could get lost in here because it hella looks like a supermarket with plaques in every shelf like 'toiletries', 'detergents', 'real foods' and 'junk foods.'

"This place is so big, you could hide a dead body and the cops wouldn't even- wait, don't tell me you-"

"Ingrid," he came to a sudden halt making me hit my nose against his back. "Quiet down, willya?"

I rolled my eyes and rubbed my nose which I presume that has now turned into the color of a tomato.

"You can't always boss me around, Craig. I can't even believe you made me clean the-"

Crack!

The door was brutally striped into two.

They're here.

I gulped as Craig turned on full circle to face. No disturbance or panic was present in his face or his eyes. Apart from me, who probably looked like could piss myself.

"Craig, they're here." My lips quivered.

I could feel my heart slapping against my ribcage, multiple times. I coud feel my breathing stop. Death is coming and I knew it.

Simon almost killed me the night of the party. I know that my luck is running out and he could sentence my death.

But something warm and strong kept me to the ground before I flip over and go insane.

I hand that was oozing in comforting warmth was wrapped around mine. Squeezing it tightly making me think of the now. I'm not dead yet and maybe I could stand a chance.

I was pulled under a wooden table. With my back against Craig's body, I could feel his heart kicking like a horse seeing a snake.

A pair of faded jeans was suddenly in front of me. My eyes widen as I saw sight of what was clutched under his big knuckles. A gun.

I almost gave out our location when I almost gasped. Craig pinned his palm onto my mouth before I could muster a sound.

I started breathing heavily as I leaned back on Craig who has an arm draped around my shoulders. I could feel his luscious lips against my hair and smell the scent of his perfume.

"Where the fuck is Damon?" My brain immediately registered the voice. Simon's. How the fuck is he even alive?

I heard a deep husky and scary chuckle, nearby. It was totally the guy infront of us. "Probably behind the shelves having sex with his girl."

I heard a few more chuckles but it was distant.

"Oh, yeah. I really think you're funny." Simon deadpanned. "Here, let me laugh."

And, then, the guy fell to the ground with a disgusting wound on his forehead.

Bullet hole.

"Shit." Craig whispered against my hair and for some reason I want him to do that more.

He pulled me closer to him and I felt his hands go cold. I craned my neck to face him.

He had his eyes tightly closed and averting the direction of corpse before us.