Chapter 13

"See? I told you I pick up quickly." Craig tossed me his notebook in Algebra.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed the notebook as I slid down the couch in Craig's apartment. For a place that has been brutally barged into, everything looks normal. By normal I meant the scattered video games and boxes of pizzas.

"Yeah, after a couple of years." I scanned the pages as I felt the cushion beside me sunk.

"Such a a fucking show off nerd." I felt his breath against my neck.

I felt shivers run down my spine and, so, I backed away a little.

"How dare you call me a nerd?" I ordered as I pushed my eyeglasses up.

He chuckled and shook his head as he stood up and streched, flexing his muscles.

So far Craig has been doing well at school. Mr. Bickler had to do a second look every time he finds Craig in the library or even the fact that Craig reads fascinate the old man. I must say that I am doing a pretty good job here.

With Craig and his back-up dancer's absence in the principal's office and presence in class, sure enough, I could pass this 'special' program and get to Reedley.

"How about we have pizza break?" Craig suggested.

"No, I think I have had enough pizza for the week." Sure enough, everytime I come over for the past week, all that I have been eating in Craig's crib is pizza. No real food, which brings me to this awful idea.

"How about we cook," I beamed, " some real food."

Craig dramatically turn around with an idiotic large grin on his face. "All I hear is food."

After, Craig, several quoting of the nemesis of some superheroes, we headed down the kitchen which was the only place that was spotless and untouched and away from boy things.

"Let's see what you have here." I opened the fridge and, boy, did I almost die at the smell.

I immediately backed away. Wow, I am no one with OCD but damn that was the most disgusting thing!

"Did someone died in there?" I pinched my nose and I realized what I just said. I really wish that someone did not die in there.

Craig stepped in front of me and pulled-open the fridge even more. "Oh, wow!"

The stinking smell even got to my eyes.

"I can't believe that James and Bruce hid my gym clothes in here!" Craig exclaimed holding up a who-knows-how-old socks.

I cringed at the sight of it. "And how long have they been hiding it?"

He thought for a second before snifling the socks. Gross.

"Let me get into my scientific alter ego," he straightened his back making him even more taller, "according to my observation and hyphotesis, I suspect that this specimen must have laid here for quite some time considering the fact that it has a gruesome smell but still had my handsome spirit in it, I must say that it isn't so bad, therefore, this bag full of gym clothes has been here for a couple of weeks because it has been three weeks since I wandered where it is."

I looked at him amused at how gross he was. "You do realize that adding observation, hyphotesis, specimen and therefore doesn't make your statement fancy enough to cover how disgusting it is."

He started mocking me with a ridiculous face on and I rolled my eyes at how childish he was being.

"Whatever, so, what are we suppose to cook now?" I asked leaning against the island.