Chapter Eighteen : Hate Mails ༘⋆

「 ✦ 18 ✦ 」

₊˚ ☁️⋅♡🪐༘⋆

⋆˚࿔ (Y/N) 𝜗𝜚˚⋆

𝕭ᥡ breakfast the next day, Ron and Hermione's bad moods had simmered down, much to (Y/n) and Harry's relief. Thankfully, Ron's gloomy prediction that the house-elves might send substandard food to the Gryffindor table, due to Hermione's comments, didn't come true. The bacon, eggs, and kippers were just as delicious as ever.

(Y/n), thoroughly enjoying her meal, didn't seem to care that Harry was watching her with a look of mild disgust. Casually, she poured ketchup, soy sauce, and even a small packet of sugar into her dish, mixing it all together with a smile before happily dipping her kipper into the concoction and taking a big bite.

"Try it!" (Y/n) suggested brightly.

Harry looked like he was about to refuse, his nose slightly wrinkled in doubt. But the determined look in (Y/n)'s eyes made him pause. With a sigh of resignation, he grabbed a piece of kipper, hesitantly dipped it into her odd mixture, and popped it into his mouth, bracing himself for the worst.

A second later, his eyes widened in surprise, and he gave (Y/n) a nod of approval, clearly impressed.

"See? I knew you'd like it," she said triumphantly, flashing him a cheeky grin.

Ron, who had been watching the exchange, snorted. "Harry, mate, don't encourage her! Next thing you know, she'll be adding marmalade and pumpkin juice to that mess."

(Y/n) raised an eyebrow and pointed her fork at Ron.

"Don't knock it till you've tried it. Besides, you eat everything with gravy. You're not exactly in a position to judge."

"That's different!" Ron protested, spearing a piece of bacon. "Gravy's normal! What you're doing is... mad!"

Hermione, glancing up from her plate, shook her head in exasperation.

"Honestly, the two of you are impossible. It's breakfast, not a potions experiment."

(Y/n) grinned and shrugged. "What's the fun in sticking to the rules all the time?"

Harry chuckled. "Well, whatever it is, it's surprisingly not terrible."

Ron gave a mock shudder. "You've both gone mental. Next thing you know, Hermione will be mixing her porridge with pumpkin pasties."

Hermione rolled her eyes, but there was a slight smile tugging at the corner of her lips. "Unlike you lot, I don't feel the need to turn my food into a... whatever that is," she added, gesturing at (Y/n)'s plate.

(Y/n) leaned back, still grinning, and gave her a wink. "Your loss, Hermione. Could've been revolutionary."

When the post owls arrived, Hermione's attention shifted to the skies, as if expecting something.

"Percy wouldn't have had time to reply yet; we only sent Hedwig yesterday," Ron pointed out.

"No, it's not that," said Hermione. "I've subscribed to the Daily Prophet. I'm tired of finding out everything from the Slytherins."

"Good thinking!" Harry nodded, glancing at the approaching owls. "Hey, Hermione, looks like you're in luck-"

A grey owl was swooping down towards Hermione.

"It doesn't have a newspaper, though," she said, slightly disappointed. "It's-"

Before she could finish, four barn owls, a brown owl, and a tawny followed, all landing clumsily in front of her plate.