Chapter Four : Welcome to Hogwarts ๋࣭⭑ֶֶָָָָ֢֢֢֢𖹭

「 ✦ 04 ✦ 」

˚˖𓍢ִ໋🧚🏻₊˚ʚ 🪷 ₊˚

⋆˚࿔ (Y/N) 𝜗𝜚˚⋆

𝖂і𝗍һ curiosity and fear steadily building up inside (Y/n), she watched as Hogwarts loomed closer, its many lit windows blurred and shimmering behind the thick curtain of rain. Lightning flashed across the sky, as if delivering a warning meant to heighten her dread, as their carriage came to a halt before the great oak front doors at the top of a flight of stone steps. The students in the carriages ahead were already hurrying up the steps and into the castle.

I'm finally here!

Getting down from the carriage wasn't much of a problem for (Y/n) this time, unlike earlier when they were climbing in. Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Neville hopped down effortlessly, while (Y/n) hesitated for a moment, nearly stumbling forward as her knees wobbled with the nerves she was struggling to contain.

"You alright, (Y/n)?" Hermione asked with concern, and she responded with a quick nod.

"Come on, then," Ron urged.

They dashed up the steps too, lifting their heads only when they were safely inside the vast, torch-lit entrance hall, with its magnificent marble staircase. (Y/n) trailed behind the others like a lost puppy, her heart still pounding.

Don't be nervous... you'll be fine... not to worry..

"Blimey," Ron muttered, shaking his head and spraying water everywhere, even onto (Y/n)'s face and lips, which she quickly wiped away. "If this keeps up, the lake's going to overflow. I'm soaked — ARRGH!"

A large, red, water-filled balloon suddenly dropped from the ceiling onto Ron's head and exploded, drenching him completely. He staggered sideways into Harry, sputtering, just as a second water bomb fell — narrowly missing Hermione but bursting at Harry's feet, sending a wave of cold water over his sneakers and into his socks, splashing (Y/n) in the process, soaking her sneakers as well. All around them, students shrieked and pushed each other in a frantic effort to avoid the onslaught.

Yep, there's nothing to worry about, except for a water-filled balloon

(Y/n), who had been busy trying to shake the water out of her shoes, was shoved with such force that she stumbled right into Harry, smacking her forehead against his nose as he bent down to check his drenched sneakers. He gasped in pain, and (Y/n) was so shocked that she ignored the sting on her forehead, not to mention the cold seeping through her damp clothes.

"I-I'm sorry, Harry! I didn't mean to—are you alright?" she asked, her voice trembling with embarrassment, her usual shyness momentarily forgotten. Her cold hands instinctively reached out to his, which were still clutching his nose.

Harry looked at her, eyes watering slightly. "I'm fine, really. I know you didn't mean to."

"Are you s-"

(Y/n) gasped again as another water balloon dropped squarely on her head, exploding with a splash that left her frozen in shock. The chill of the water combined with the cold air made her feel utterly drenched and miserable.

What a lovely welcome gift, she thought sarcastically.

"Er—are you alright?" It was Harry's turn to ask, his voice filled with concern.

(Y/n) gave Harry an incredulous look.

Was he seriously asking if she was alright after being drenched from head to toe?