Chapter Nine : A week(s) of Hell in Hogwarts 🐍

「 ✦ 09 ✦ 」

˚˖𓍢ִ໋🧚🏻₊˚ʚ 🪷 ₊˚

⋆˚࿔ (Y/N) 𝜗𝜚˚⋆

𝕴 knew it.

It's not surprising at all.

Of course, he's the protagonist of this story, so obviously, this is just another plot device!

Harry looked as if he were glued to his seat. Every head in the Great Hall had turned to stare at him. Not a single hand clapped. A low buzzing, like the sound of a swarm of angry bees, began to fill the room as some students stood to get a better view of him, frozen as he was in his chair.

(Y/n) couldn't help but sigh inwardly. If she were reading this in a book, she wouldn't have been affected by it, but being right here, witnessing it with her own two eyes—it felt complicated.

Up at the top table, Professor McGonagall had risen from her seat and swiftly moved past Ludo Bagman and Professor Karkaroff to whisper something urgently to Professor Dumbledore, who leaned in slightly, his brow furrowed.

Harry turned to (Y/n), Ron, and Hermione, his face blank with disbelief.

"I didn't put my name in," he said quietly. "You know I didn't."

(Y/n) stared back at him, as did Hermione and Ron. She wasn't sure how to react—should she be excited? Or should she feel like the others, who seemed outraged by what had just happened? 

But honestly, she didn't really care...he's the protagonist.

Something like this was bound to happen.

At the top table, Professor Dumbledore straightened up, nodding to Professor McGonagall.

"Harry Potter!" he called out again. "Harry! Up here, if you please!"

"Go on," Hermione whispered, giving Harry a gentle push.

Harry rose to his feet, accidentally stepping on the hem of his robes and stumbling slightly as he made his way up the aisle between the Gryffindor and Hufflepuff tables.

(Y/n) suspected it was nerves that had caused Harry to nearly trip.

"Well... through the door, Harry," said Dumbledore as Harry approached him. His expression was serious; there was no hint of a smile.

Harry moved along the length of the teachers' table. Hagrid was seated at the very end. (Y/n) watched as Harry glanced at Hagrid, perhaps searching for any reaction. But Hagrid, like everyone else, looked utterly astonished as he stared at Harry passing by. Harry then disappeared through the door into the chamber where the other champions had gone.

If it had been noisy earlier, it was positively chaotic now. Students were shouting, especially those from Hufflepuff and Slytherin, demanding to know how Harry had managed to do it and accusing him of cheating, while the Gryffindors broke into their own frenzied discussions.

"How did he get past the age line, Ron? Do you know?" Lee Jordan asked, his eyes wide with curiosity.

(Y/n) and Hermione turned to look at Ron, who sat there silently, his face a blank mask. (Y/n) couldn't quite read his expression, but to her, he looked almost...betrayed.