VIII - boyfriend?

THE TENSION WAS PALPABLE EVEN FROM

the other side of the building. for that matter, you believed even toge was feeling it down on the 4th floor. the cause of it, you might ask? it was the uncomfortable glances and peeks nanami and gojo were taking of each other. each one so full of hatred that even you began to feel too small in their presence.

true to your word, both men were the ones doing and filling the mountains of paperwork that your boss left on your desk. how good were they doing it? you've got no idea and you didn't want to know either. nobody has said a word since you and gojo returned, nanami only sat more upstraight if that was even possible. gojo, on the other hand, was slouched on his chair filling the papers using his leg as a support.

meanwhile, you, were watching your favourite show on your computer, trying to concentrate on it when you felt a presence really close to you. to your surprise, it was nanami: "sorry for bothering you y/n, i just wanted to ask you something about this specific part here. i just don't know what i should write on it."

kind of embarrassed, you fixed your posture on your chair and got closer to nanami to see which part he was talking about. his aura was somehow enticing, as if it was calling you, as if your body, was drawn to him. every second you were near nanami, both of your bodies got closer and closer, to the point where you could smell his perfume and feel his mint breath on your cheek.

but suddenly, nanami was taken away from your side when gojo grabbed him by the shoulder and almost slammed his body on the nearest wall. gojo was trembling and the air around him seemed to buzz with energy. your shock was evident on your face as well as nanami's. he too, was trembling in what you assumed was fear.

"what the hell are you doing gojo?!" you tried to grab him but a thin invisible wall was covering him. an impenetrable shield that no one could ever get through. something hot like fire ran down your arms but vanished as soon as gojo grabbed your hand.

nanami's face was pale, paler than ever you'd say. you tried to walk to him but that unbreakable wall wouldn't allow you. it now surrounded you too. the blond man stammered a few words that neither of you could comprehend, and before you knew it, he was out the door of your office and into the elevator.

a few seconds passed in silence before you recovered and turned to start yelling at gojo. however, your words died in your throat when you saw gojo's right hand burning. his expression was serene, still watching the elevator like something or someone might jump from it and attack you. he let go of your hand and sat down on his chair, resuming his paperwork. you were speechless, staring at him with wide eyes and open mouthed.

"wh- can- how- could you please tell me what the fuck was that?" you whispered since your voice wasn't even working with shock. gojo just looked at you, right hand good as new, as if the smoke you saw coming out of it a few seconds ago had been an illusion. "i told you, you aren't safe anymore y/n. i'll tell you about it during lunch. let's finish this shit and go home"

his words were final, nothing you might've said would make any difference. so nodding briefly, you sat back down on your chair, grabbed a few papers and started.

═══⠀𝑰𝑵𝑪𝑼𝑩𝑼𝑺 - 𝑱𝑱𝑲  ═══

"nanami is not who you think he is" gojo started while unboxing his poke bowl. you looked at him attentively, munching on your tuna origini. "as i told you yesterday, you are not safe in this world anymore. someone is trying to get you y/n. someone really strong." your own body shivered at that, at the mention of someone even more powerful than the demon sitting in front of you.