NEW JOURNEY

Lily's POV:

My life began with a lie, a whispered secret that blossomed into regret, then hardened into resentment. Acceptance finally came, a bitter balm for the wounds. But then he arrived, a flicker of light in the suffocating darkness. I followed him, blind and hopeful, mistaking his warmth for the sun. He became my joy, my reason to breathe. But the certainty came, as sure as the sunrise, and the pattern repeated, leaving me hollowed out and aching.

Why? Why does this always happen? Don't I deserve the simple joys everyone else seems to find? Have I ever tasted true fulfillment, the kind that fills your heart to bursting? Will I ever?

I don't want this to be the end. I yearn for someone who will stay, a hand to hold through the storms. Someone meant for me, someone who won't leave me behind in the wreckage of my shattered hopes.

I haven't regretted any choice I've made, not until this breath. I've been a child, a student, a friend, a lover. I've given everything I had. But the question echoes in the silence of my soul: Am I truly satisfied? The answer, a cold whisper, is "No." All that remains is a gnawing emptiness, a feeling that's more selfless than selfish, more lost than found.

Will there ever be someone to stand with me through the shadows? Will he be there?

The shrill alarm breaks the silence. Six years. Six long years since he left.

Why am I still here, drowning in the memories of those days? The pain of the lie still lingers, a phantom ache. I don't want to recall those days. But why am I here? Why am I still haunted?

Forget it. I need to revise. If I don't get my grades, I'll be stuck repeating this year.

Senior year. The pressure is suffocating. Assignments pile up, a mountain of anxiety that threatens to bury me. He was always so studious, so calm under pressure. Did he ever feel this overwhelmed?

Why am I thinking about him? He's gone. He left. I should be over it. Maybe it's that weird habit I have, always revisiting the past, searching for meaning in the ruins.