Chapter 14

"Hey! Pidge is back!" Hunk called. The green lion soared overhead after Pidge's latest mission and landed a few feet from the rest of the team. Rora was talking to Keith, Hunk to Lance and Allura, and Kassy, Coran, and Shiro were having some kind of grown up conversation the others weren't allowed to get involved in.

"Guys!" Pidge ran from the lion. There was a figure behind her.

Rora gasped first. "Matt!" She yelled, running off from Keith.

"This is my brother, everyone." Pidge said with a huge grin. Matt smiled and put up a hand in greeting.

Rora tackled him in a hug, immediately knocking him to his feet. "I knew you were alive! I knew it!"

"Hey, hey, it's okay." Matt laughed. "I'm here."

Then, she started beating him up. "You asshole! What the fuck were you doing?! I thought you were dead! We had a funeral for you!"

"Rora- Rora!" Matt laughed more as she punched him repeatedly. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, please, have mercy!"

She stopped her attack and hugged him again, allowing him to sit up and hug back. "Dick."

"Okay, okay, I get it, I'm the worst. Come on, introduce me to everyone."

"Ok." She let go. "This is Hunk, Coran, Lance, Keith, and Allura."

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you!" Allura said. Matt's jaw literally dropped open.

"You are so beautiful! Princess, the pleasure is all mine."

"And look who else we have." Pidge redirected his attention to Shiro and Kassy.

Matt turned to them. "Oh, my God!" He smiled in excitement, then his gaze dropped to Kassy's stomach. "...oh, my God."

"Matthew Holt." Shiro smiled. Matt went over going to shake his hand.

"Shiro, good to see you, Sir."

Shiro pulled him into a hug. "Don't be so formal. Good to see you too. Looking well."

Matt smiled, a little stunned at the hug. He eventually pulled away and turned to Kassy.

"Kassy. Hi."

"Hi." She chuckled, also giving him a hug. He rubbed her back, resting his chin on her head.

"So... what's new?" He asked carefully.

She smiled, teasing. "My hair got longer."

"...what else?"

She pulled out of the hug. "I got kidnapped by the Galra and experimented on. That's new."

He chuckled awkwardly. "Oh, you and me both, girl... sooo... anything else happen?"

"No." She placed a hand on her stomach. "I just can't think of anything else."

Matt sighed in frustration. "Goddammit Kassy, when did you get pregnant?"

Kassy laughed. "8 months ago. It's Shiro's. No, we're not an item. That answer your questions?"

"Yes, thanks very much."

"Hey, Matt, come on. Rora and I will give you a tour of the Castle." Pidge grabbed his arm, and dragged him into the castle. 

"Okay!"

"Ok, this is the control room. It's where Coran does Coran things like listening to music and talking a lot." Pidge explained. "Also, it hasn't happened in months, but every Friday him and Kassy have cocktails so Allura takes over. This is where I sit, but sometimes Rora steals my seat. Or Keith's. Or Hunk's. Or Lance's. Basically, whoever is last to their seat. So usually Lance's."