Heartquake 13

“Not here,” he puts a stern hand on his chest. Arthur’s eyes bulge open, as if he’s just realized Merlin’s daughter is sleeping a few feet away from them, thankfully, facing the other way.

The prince stands up, holding Merlin’s wrist and tugging him away from the campsite. As he’s being pressed against a tree, Arthur presses heated kisses everywhere, his lips, his neck; even a small one on his nose and Merlin can feel in it his bones.

He wants everything, he wants his body pressing closer, he wants more kisses, he wants this, and he wants Arthur, for as long as he’ll have him.

Arthur’s hand is still under his tunic as he says, “Off.”

Merlin separates himself long enough for Arthur to pull the useless fabric off him, and, before he knows it, Arthur’s own chest is bare, as well. He can’t resist himself, honestly, he can’t, and rubs his fingers over any bare skin he comes in contact with, and one of them snakes around the waistband of Arthur’s pants, teasing the prince until he gasps at the touch of Merlin right there, over the wet stain in his breeches. Arthur growls from the back of his throat and the sound makes Merlin’s world shake.

“Arthur, please,” Merlin says, putting his hand on his shoulder. “I’m not having sex against a tree.”

Arthur laughs and presses their foreheads together, his laughter mingling with his breath. The kisses grow tenderer as Arthur slowly leads them to the ground. Merlin manages to lean up a little to kiss Arthur a little bit more before he pushes him slowly to the hard ground that’s covered by their tunics.

“Let me take care of you, yeah?” Arthur’s eyes are half-lidded, dark with lust, but there’s no mistaking the feeling behind those blues, the care and compassion Merlin has seen him have for others these past two years, the same one that he wishes time after time was for him.

This time it is, this care, this love, Arthur’s giving it to him, for the reward that Merlin will do the same.

“Yeah,” he answers, because he will.

When Merlin wakes up, he’s wedged between Arthur and Em.

Em is curled up against his stomach, wearing his jacket, that is much too big for her, and makes her look like the most adorable midget and Arthur has his arm around his waist, some of the hair on his forearm tickling the bare skin that Merlin’s tunic doesn’t quite cover, his fingers barely around Em’s body.

While Arthur stirs in his sleep, and Merlin feels his breath on his neck, he decides, there’s no harm in staying like this for a little while longer.

Emeline wakes up the moment they arrive in Ealdor. It’s as if she can smell the scent of her former home, and that is enough to rouse her from her slumber against Arthur’s chest.

“We’re here!” she claps her hand excitedly.

“Will you hold on, Em?” Arthur asks, but he’s laughing nonetheless.

Merlin picks his daughter off of the horse, and has the stolen moment of sharing a fond look with Arthur as Em runs off to Hunith’s house. He helps the prince of his horse and brushes his fingers against his and he can see the smile on Arthur’s face he can’t hide.

“Grandma!” Em is enveloped by Hunith’s welcoming arms, and, soon, so are Arthur and Merlin.

“Good to see you again, Hunith,” Arthur says politely.
Hunith puts a hand on Arthur’s cheek and says, “It’s always a pleasure, sire.”

They step into the cozy home that once housed Merlin’s childhood. “I don’t know how long you’re staying but Em can sleep with me tonight and Arthur, Merlin,” Hunith says, looking at the two of them, “Merlin’s old room should suffice for the two of you.”

Hunith goes off with her granddaughter, leaving them alone in the house. Merlin and Arthur share this odd look between them, before Arthur asks, “Do you think she knows?”

“My mother knows everything,” Merlin shakes his head.

“Even what I’m thinking of doing to you right now?” Arthur raises an eyebrow.

“I’d rather you tell me yourself,” Merlin snakes his arm around Arthur’s waist. He doesn’t, though, tell him, just press a loving kiss on Merlin’s lips, as if saying that he won’t say it, he’ll put it to action.