Chapter 1: The Niang Family

"I guess I will meet you and the others later in Syanic Earth?" Shien talked to Ritom on the phone.

"At Enshiron's Kyyrhim Bistro!" Ritom chuckled.

"Alrighty, see you later. Just don't gamble too much, please."

"No promises! Don't be late, shortie!"

"Hey! Don't call me-" Shien huffed as Ritom hung up before he could talk back.

"You awake, Mom?" Shien jumped up the stairs.

"Hmm?" Isrina opened her blue eyes. "It's time?"

Isrina yawned, resting before work at the UICA's first Syanic Earth: Year 3225 anniversary celebration later today.

"Hey, Mom!" Shien skipped to his mom's room. "Want tea before you leave? I know you enjoy my tea."

"Yes, please, my Little Chickadee."

The black-haired Shien whistled while preparing the tea in the spacious kitchen with yellow-tiled walls. Isrina yawned from her catnap, forcing herself awake. She washed her face, braided her red hair around her head, and changed her clothes.

"How are your friends?" Isrina wore an orange blouse and a beige skirt.

"They're fine! We're going to hang out later in the game!" Shien placed tea bags into a teapot of boiling water mixed with crushed spices.

"Goodness! What tea are you making this time, Shien?" Isrina sniffed the aroma as she grabbed her red UICA coat.

"It's something Nashura told me," Shien grinned. "She taught me and Enshiron tea tricks. I'm making masala chai!"

"Sounds wonderful! And thanks for getting me up."

"Of course!"

As Isrina sat on the small round table, the TV above played the news.

"How's the news?" Isrina watched.

Shien poured the teapot's elegant mixture into two cups. "Just the same politics, you know."

"I see. Still talking about us, Niangs?"

"Yep, but at least President Forroway's doing his best to defend us."

"President Forroway holds the European nations responsible for the split of the United Nations because of their appeasement towards the Kneapexist influence," A blonde female reporter spoke from the screen.

"Oh, boy," Shien placed the chai cups on the brown table. "Here we go again."

"He even declares the Niang Controversy to be unconstitutional!" An African male reporter added. "Forroway refuses to surrender the Niangs to appease Fanghui!"

"But despite his effort to protect the UICA families such as the Niangs, Supreme Herald Fanghui of the Global Federation declares the UICA responsible for sparking the rebellion in the Middle East against his regime."

"Fanghui has been antagonizing America for defending the UICA! We have a live clip of the Supreme Herald's speech coming!"

The screen transformed from the news reporting station to Fanghui's metallic palace, the Arcane Phalange that replaced Tiananmen Square. Banners decorated the steel gates with the reformed Chinese flag: a steel minotaur with the five red stars of China above.

Supreme Herald Fanghui appeared on the screen in front of a massive crowd. Fanghui's bright yellow droid bodyguard, Jin Feilong, stood alongside the White Death and Reaper Squad guards.

"Fanghui," Isrina hissed.

"Unfortunately," Shien sipped his tea.

"Hail, Fanghui!" The crowd shouted.