Chapter 6: Invasion Countdown

Everyone in the bistro gasped to see Fanghui's face on the screen.

"Splendid," Enshiron frowned. "So nice to see that lovely face of China."

Overseer Amitonyx of the Shin-Kaminari stood behind Fanghui beside SANDRA, the Machine Queen. Jin Feilong watched Fanghui on the opposite side with General Hernamidos, head of the Reaper Squad secret police. Elysia clenched her fist as she saw the Federation officers who persecuted her race.

"Elysia?" Phoenicia asked. "Is something the matter?"

"Oh, no," Elysia held back her past from her new friends.

"Judging by your trembling hands, I strongly doubt that."

"Look, I'm fine, okay?"

"Citizens of the so-called land of freedom," Fanghui announced. "I bring forth this emergency announcement across the world with the dire news that requires the world's attention. As some of you may have noticed, the UICA's MMORPG, Syanic Earth: Year 3225 has been severely compromised."

"Millions of unfortunate players have been trapped inside with little hope of returning to the real world due to this World Cybertrap. Also, all current UICA electronic products have been mysteriously disabled. We all understand you and your fellow families are just as puzzled as the rest of us. However, it's time for us to wake the hell up!"

The bistro went silent as Fanghui's voice shook the heavens.

"The brainless President Forroway has always demanded that I be put on trial, but now, I demand it's time that Cecilius and the UICA be put on trial instead! They tell you that they build for the better good, but what about now? Look! They have ensnared your friends and family! They're using this opportunity to weaken and conquer society with their small yet advanced military. Will you stand for this evil?"

"What the heck?" Shien grabbed his hair in confusion.

"Look at Forroway, so compassionate enough to let protests and mobs flood their cities with fire and blood. He's so incompetent that he trusts the UICA, letting them plan their sinister shadow games behind your back. Will you stand for this?"

"The Federation will certainly not stand for the incompetence of Democracy as the innocent are exploited in the UICA's twisted game! I promise you, as the Supreme Herald of the Global Federation of World Justice, we will take action! In immediate response to this rising evil in the West, our necessary invasion of the Americas is in motion!"

"Wait, did he say, invasion?" Ritom exclaimed.

"Oh, no," Shien worried. "That would mean..."

The crowd in front of the Arcane Phalange cheered as they saluted.

"Hail, Fanghui! Hail, Fanghui!"

"I promised that a necessary invasion would take place, didn't I, foolish politicians full of talk and no action?" Fanghui asked. "Unlike President Forroway, I keep my promises as I take immediate action against threats to world justice! The UICA will be judged for their crimes against you. The Grand Federation is coming to help you! We will find a way to bring your loved ones back from the demonic grasp of the UICA. You have my word, justice will be served!"

As the crowd cheered with deafening applause, Fanghui walked aside for SANDRA to speak. Elysia gnashed her teeth at the Machine Queen's dark hair, agent sunglasses, and pastoral robes.

"Rejoice, o ye faithful!" The Machine Queen preached. "The grand invasion is nigh! The UICA shall bleed! Hallelujah!"

"Grrrr! Just shut up!" Elysia threw her masala chai cup at the center television. "I hate you! Go to hell!"