Chapter 3: Elysia Nai

The two looked back to see a Vulpi girl pushing people out of her way, threatening them with her machine pistols. Once she stood against Shien and Phoenicia, she placed her guns back onto her belt's holsters over her light brown shorts. It was Elysia.

She pulled back her white hair while her Vulpi ears twitched. Elysia wore a dark blue crop top with a large holster on her back that held a tungsten machete. The Vulpi girl walked towards the two as she closed a tab, allowing her brass knuckles to materialize on her hands as she walked. The crowd again lowered their bustling to witness yet another potential commotion.

"I believe those credits belong to me," The Vulpi hissed. "So you two better hand over that cash before I get mad!"

Shien was about to say something, but Phoenicia stepped in front.

"Excuse me, young lady," Phoenicia reasoned. "Shien and I defeated the cyber bandit together. Therefore, we're the ones who truly receive rewards according to the standard mechanics of Syanic Earth. So, find your cyber bandit next time."

"Hey, you're that NPC droid guide, huh?" Elysia growled. "What do you think you're doing hanging out with another player? You're just a stupid, programmed robot with no feelings! Go back to your job being a guide dog where you belong! You're just a dumb fabrication!"

Phoenicia was stunned at her offensive statement. Shien moved the android girl's arm away and placed his arm around Phoenicia, who cried. She wanted people to recognize her as more than just an NPC. Shien and his friends were the only players who devoted their time to befriending her.

"Hey! That wasn't nice!" Shien shouted. "Say you're sorry! Phoenicia is a person too! She feels like we do!"

"Who cares about her, shortie?" Elysia questioned. "She's just a program. An NPC! She's not even close to being a person! She and the Shin-Kaminari droids are no different!"

"She's nothing like the Machine Queen!"

Elysia never liked droids, distrusting them as much as humans. Elysia hated the Shin-Kaminari droid army, which the Global Federation controlled. Elysia hated SANDRA, the Machine Queen of the droids.

"And by the way, you jerk, my friend's name is Phoenicia! She has a name too!" Shien hissed at Elysia. "Apologize to her!"

Elysia rolled her eyes, not having time for such a deep conversation, especially with a human shorter than her.

"Look, you little human. I don't give a damn about that walking automation you call a person. Just hand over the netium, and I will let you two go," Elysia proposed.

"You want the credits, idiot?" Shien glared.

"Hey! Who're you calling an idiot?"

"You, stupid! If you think it's okay to steal something that doesn't belong to you, then let's duel!"

Shien swiped a tab that requested Elysia's acceptance for a duel.

"If you win, you get the credits, but if I win, you're going to apologize to my friend!" Shien stated.

"Hmph!" The easily irritated Elysia grumbled, accepting the duel. "There's no way this shortie's going to win."

"Phoenicia," Shien comforted his android guide. "It's going to be okay. Let me handle this."

The crowd stepped further back as another skirmish was about to begin. A large ten-second timer appeared. In duel mode, there were two ways to win. Killing the opponent or having higher health than your opponent after five minutes.

The timer ticked as Elysia stomped toward Shien. Phoenicia wiped her tears, watching the two titans about to make the heavens crumble.

Elysia Nai