🍃04.Be Responsible🍃

"Are you changing your perfume again, Khun In?"

"Yes. Do you have a problem with that?"

After discovering the weaknesses of my competent secretary, Arun Berkfah, I couldn’t resist messing with her by changing my perfume every day. I started mixing up the colors of the clothes I wore. Some days I would tie my hair back, while other days I would straighten it, causing the sweet-faced girl to frown occasionally.

Today was no different. Instead of my usual Chanel No. 5, I mixed it with a bit of Abercrombie, and today I sprayed on Jo Malone, paired with a mustard yellow robe.

Confusing, right? Let’s see how irritated she can get.

“You’ve been wearing a lot of different clothes lately, haven’t you, Khun In?"

"You once said that wearing black clothes made me feel like I wasn’t myself."

"Well, you still don’t feel like yourself compared to yesterday.”

I smile as the secretary left my room. Although she often had a stoic expression, her words always conveyed a certain feeling.

The constant teasing is getting annoying. No... I needed to stay calm. I had to act like an adult and not show how I felt.

"Don't forget today's important appointment, In."

Dad said after coming down from upstairs. He is sitting in the living room, putting away his tablet after scrolling through the news feed and reminded me once again.

"I won't forget! Look at me today, I'm dressed in a bright outfit. I won't borrow any cream. Your VIP guests will surely be impressed."

"You're great at getting along with people, In. I trust you. With Arun by your side, I'm not worried at all."

I glance at the secretary, who give a small bow to thank Dad and then I make a slight frown of annoyance.

"Why do you always praise Arun? Seriously, she's not your secret lover, is she?"

"In!"

My mother, who watching TV, turned around and lightly scolded me for my teasing. I stuck my tongue out playfully to look cute while the secretary keep a poker face.

Won't she get a little mad? I teasing her a lot.

"I'm just kidding! I can see how much you trust Daddy... Anyway, I won't let you down today. By the way, what news are you watching? Are the stocks down? You look so serious,"

I said, noticing that Daddy's demeanor seems different as he speak to me, even though he tried to act normal. Mom, noticing Daddy's expression, also looked a little irritated before replying with a chuckle in her throat.

"Daddy is feeling bad."

"What's wrong?"

"Nong Mew has a boyfriend now."

.

.

As we sit in the van heading to the hotel for the VIP customer appreciation event, I couldn't help but bring up the news that had Daddy sulking like a sad dog. The actress that Daddy always smiled at on TV announced that she was in a relationship. I looked between the news and the secretary sitting next to me, starting to size her up. It was an indescribable feeling, somewhat similar.

"Do you know that actress?"

"I don’t really watch TV." She replied.

That’s true… even if she did, she probably wouldn’t remember who the lead actress because she couldn’t recognize anyone, not even herself.