🍃09. Agreement🍃

"Pull the car over! I'm telling you to pull the car over right now!"

"Ahhh!"

No matter how much I yelled, the driver didn't care about my objections. Finally, my patience ran out, and I grabbed the driver's head until his face tilted back. The van, which was speeding down the road, rocked back and forth as if it were playing some kind of game.

"Please don't, Miss! We're all going to die!"

"Good! If I die alone, I'll come back to haunt you all."

Finally, the driver agreed to pull over to the side of the road, allowing me to get out without any more hesitation. He cursed at me as if I'm a nuisance he no longer wanted to share the world with.

"I may not speak your language, but I understand you. You'll be the first one to get fired!"

After being scolded like that, the driver completely ignored us. He slammed the van door and sped off until we could no longer see the taillights. Now the three of us are near Patong Beach, and at least it's good that he let us get off here.

A place that can ease my heart a little. At least I can drag Janpob into the sea instead of pushing him to get hit by a car.

"Don't touch me, you traitors!"

I growled at Janpob, who is trying to explain everything, then turned to look at Arun angrily.

"You're making me pay for your good deed, and the silence is screaming!"

"Is that an insult? I'm trying to figure out how much it would hurt."

"Don't come back to me! I helped you by trading Hermes Limited, but you conspired with Dad and Mawin to trick me into working as a staff member. I'm going to tell my mom!"

"Can you please listen to the reason why Mister Anek is doing this?"

"Because he wants to teach me to spend money more wisely! There's no other meaning to it. You know I used the money to help you, not for something bad. Dad is unreasonable. I’ll tell my mother."

I stopped, stood still, and looked for a taxi, public transport, or any vehicle that could take me back to the airport where I came from. But it seems that Arun could see what I'm thinking, so she walks in front of me and glare at me defiantly.

"You’re not a child anymore, Khun In. If you keep threatening to tell your mother every time something doesn’t go your way, you’ll never beat that woman."

"Who are you talking about?"

"Renu."

The name was like a curse, making me shudder and look at the small figure that looked exactly like the owner of that name, full of anger.

"Do you think mentioning that name will make me give up on going back to Bangkok? If you think that’s possible, just wait and see."

"Renu."

"So what?"

"Reanu."

"So what?"

"Renu Siwa Amphan."

"Fine! I give up; I’m going back to the hotel."

I looked at Arun, who showed no sign of fear that I might fire her.

I'm  not giving up because of that name, but I need to talk to Mawin and sort things out. Do you understand?"

"Yes, Khun Intuorn, you are such a reasonable person."

Even though I knew the competent secretary is being sarcastic, I pretended not to care because the name “Renu Siwa Amphan” meant nothing to me. Nothing! I just wanted to talk to Mawin and go home. That’s all!