🍃10. The Problem🍃

"Mawin, I know you like to watching me suffer, but isn't it a bit much that even the bathroom and toilet have to be shared with everyone while you're lounging in that sweet room? Where's the justice in that? I'm just a wild child. Half of this hotel belongs to my father!"

I paced the square room, taking three steps to the far wall before turning around again, yelling at my fiancé, who was probably drinking red wine and happily soaking in the hot tub.

[I'm thinking you should have come to boot camp.]

"I didn't come here to serve the nation! On top of the ceiling fan inviting me to swing, I have to deal with shared bathrooms. Not to mention the shower doesn't have hot water. This is too much... too much! I'm tired of the Porsche, I'm tired of the investments. I'll either wait for my parents to grow old and enjoy their nice inheritance, or I'll marry you and wait for my husband to support me."

[Should I support you like this?]

"Yes... husband."

[What a loser.]

"What did you say?"

[What a loser. You can't handle even the slightest criticism. You should be embarrassed in front of Khun Renu.]

"Hey, do you even know that name?"

I pressed the end button because I didn't want to argue anymore before I threw myself on the bed and sit down with my head in my hands. Meanwhile, Arun looked at me silently, not making any comment, until I have to speak first.

"If you want to say something, say it. Don't look at me like that; I can't read it."

"No, I don't."

"It doesn't mean you have anything to say. We have to be together like this for three months, so please speak. I give you permission."

"Really?"

"Ya."

"I just feel like you are such a drama queen, so self-centered. If things don't go your way, you are ready to throw a tantrum. I wonder how you got to this age without ever having a boyfriend. If you did have one, how long did it last? Stuff like that."

I choked on what Arun had just said. 

“I may have given you permission to speak, but there are some things you should keep to yourself."

"So that means I’m not allowed to speak anymore, right?”

I sighed in annoyance before replying angrily, 

“Just say whatever you want, but please choose your words carefully. I’m sensitive. My parents raised me to be that way. Did you know I came out of my mother’s womb with a silver spoon in my mouth? My mother even had to have a C-section because the baby was obstructing the exit, and she was in a lot of pain."

"Really? Uh… that…”

There was some kind of sound caught in the sweet-faced secretary’s throat. I looked at the person trying to articulate her words and raised an eyebrow when I see she tried very hard to stifle her laughter, covering her mouth with her hand.

"I... I'm sorry. Hehe... hehe."

"What are you laughing at?"

"Nothing, I just..."

"Don't you believe I came out of my mother's womb with a silver spoon in my mouth?"

"..."

"If someone is born and can walk on a lotus flower for seven steps, why couldn't I come out with a silver spoon? Hmph..."