Chapter 9: Escape from the Ironclad Eagle

"I think I got a hang of these ZNA powers," Calice shocked two crusader droids that spotted her.

"Damn it, Calice," Someone growled. "Don't kids like you know how hard it is to make those droids?"

General Hernamidos held a cigar in his mouth, guarded by two White Death guards.

"You," Calice hissed. "My mom and dad are gone because of you!"

"Aw, you're going to make me cry," Hernamidos chuckled. "You see, I took your parents for being pieces of trash. So I just had to throw them out!"

Calice jolted at Hernamidos with incredible speed. Hernamidos covered himself with his cape, making Calice bounce off.

"Ouch!" Calice fell. "Of course, you have one of those capes too."

"Kid, why exactly do you have Corporal Misuna Jiyang with you?" Hernamidos asked. "Release her."

"She doesn't belong here," Calice carried Misuna on her back. "You can't have her."

"Corporal Jiyang belongs to me. She's a soldier of the Global Federation of World Justice."

"No. She's not yours to keep. Misuna is a person who deserves to be loved and cared for. You and your Reaper Squad don't care about her at all."

Hernamidos groaned. "Blah, blah, blah. Welp, I gave you a chance. I guess I get to test this bad boy out. Meet the megachasmoid!"

He pressed a button on his wrist. Hernamidos and his guards walked out of the way as a buff droid faced Calice. It had a muscular body made of large cube-shaped segments. The megachasmoid stomped his way toward Calice, gazing with its red cycloptic eye. Its hands were armed with quadruple blasters.

Okay, that thing is huge. Calice launched lightning at the droid. But it's just a bigger crusader droid, right? I can still shock it!

The turquoise thunderbolts bounced on the big droid, unable to pierce its mercury armor. Calice focused all of her energy on the buff droid, groaning as she tightened her arm to its maximum strength. The droid still walked to her with ease.

What? I wasted all my energy on it! Calice huffed. Time to run!

"Bwahahaha!" Hernamidos slapped his knee in laughter. "I wish you could see that look on your face. It was priceless!"

The big robotic soldier fired its arm blasters at her. Calice blitzed across the hallway to avoid it.

"Get her!" Hernamidos yelled.

"Good Lord," Calice dashed into the hangar and hid behind a hovertank. "I can finally rest a bit."

She leaned Misuna beside the enormous vehicle. Calice sat down and stretched her hurting limbs. Her hot head felt as if she used too much of her power. Calice forced her dizzy head to peep out from the big tank.

The large hangar doors were closed. She saw Reaper Squad commandos marching around a group of black dropships. She saw crusader droids being loaded onto the hammerhead gunships beside the strange robotic tanks.

I could steal a dropship. Calice scratched her sweaty head.

She then spotted Agent Dacos with more megachasmoids. He pressed onto a control panel to open the hangar doors with mechanized grinding. Hammerhead gunships flew inside, carrying armored cages full of crying Vulpi. As the droid aircraft landed, the Reaper Squad ran about the landing area, forcing the prisoners to line up.

Those poor Vulpi! Calice watched Dacos instruct the commandos to take them to concentration camps. I wish I could help, but I don't have the power now, especially with those immune megachasmoids. And I have Misuna on my-