Chapter 5: The Rocketeer Cobra

"Um, hi," Mivangeline mumbled to Shien. "T-thank you very much."

"Hiya, Mivangeline!" Shien zoomed up in front of her with a small piece of paper.

"Eep!" She flinched.

"May I have your autograph?"

"Eh?"

She turned to Chloridium, hoping he would tell her what to do.

"Hoho! It looks like you got a fan!" Chloridium chuckled. "I think you can handle yourself for a bit."

"No, wait!"

Chloridium left to talk to Ampyria.

"Ah, well, um, sure, I guess," Mivangeline took Shien's paper.

"I'm such a big fan! I love your songs!"

"Oh!" Mivangeline signed the paper. "T-thanks. And, uh, thank you for helping me."

"Of course!" Shien jumped with the paper. "My name is Shien. Nice to meet you!"

"Shien? Um, wait. S-Shien Niang?"

"Yeah! You know me?"

"M-my parents tell stories about your family. Um, I'm Mivangeline. I-it's a pleasure to meet you too."

The two shook hands.

"So," Mivangeline's cheeks turned hot red. "You interested in... uh, the invitation?"

"Yes!" Shien swiped a tab.

He tapped the accept button, and Mivangeline's notification tab rang.

"Hoho!" Chloridium walked them. "We got our first acceptance of the campaign!"

"The goon squad is all in too!" Naivern jumped upstage and wrapped her elbow around Shien's neck. "Sup, Mivangeline? The name's Naivern!"

"U-uh, okay? N-nice to meet you too," Mivangeline greeted.

"Ow! Get off me, Loud Girl!" Shien barked at Naivern.

Mivangeline and Chloridium checked their campaign status. Only Shien and his group had joined so far.

"It may take time, Mivangeline," Chloridium patted the Commander's shoulder.

The entire arena shook.

"Whoa! What's going on?" Naivern stopped yanking Shien by the cheek.

The people panicked, running about in different directions.

"Cubic Regime!" Chloridium signaled the Syanic Police droids. "Get into formation!"

"Please remain calm!" Ampyria soared in the auditorium. "The Syanic Police Force will fend off the attack. Any help is welcome. Those who don't wish to fight, please follow me and my squad. We will escort you away from the battlefield!"

She flew to the auditorium's entrance to meet with her squad while players scrambled out.

"Commander," A Syanic Police droid ran to Mivangeline.

"Y-yes?" Mivangeline asked.

"The Cubic Regime has deployed a rocketeer cobra along with a battalion of scrounger drones!"

"Oh, no. Um, how's the Syanic Police?"

"Ampyria has already taken a squad to lead the other players away. The rest of our forces are facing high casualties!"

"Did any players offer a hand by any chance?" Chloridium wondered.

The droid shook his head.

"Then, we will fight them ourselves," Mivangeline drew her kunai knives. "I-I'll help out."