Chapter 7: Calice Awakens

With most of Shien's friends joining Mivangeline's party in the Syanic Earth, the only three friends in real life were Dorian, Nashura, and Calice. Dorian escaped Zentroid with Saitori while Nashura and her family helped Isrina escape Hernamidos. Calice wasn't so lucky, for she was captured by Hernamidos while the Reaper Squad shot her parents down for being anti-Kneapexist journalists.

"Mom! Dad!" Calice shook in a spherical machine, remembering the incident.

Aggressive sparks of electricity roared through the device.

"Her ZNA levels have spiked! Her power is over the charts!"

"Damn it! She's going to break the sphere! Sedate her! Sedate her!"

"She's not being submissive. Notify the general!"

The scientists screamed as the sphere broke open. Turquoise lightning rampaged across the room, making the computers explode. The monstrous lightning killed the scientists as Calice rolled off the containment tube. She breathed heavily as alarms blared.

"A-aiya," Calice sat up, opening her brown eyes. "What's happening?"

She looked at the dead scientists and the room full of spherical containment tubes. The red alarm above the doors hurt her ears. Calice clenched her fist with irritation, unintentionally releasing a thunderbolt. The alarm exploded.

"Eh?" She gasped. "D-did I do that?"

Wearing a white crop hoodie and black leggings, Calice stared at her hands. Sparks of blue lightning flashed about her body. She could feel the static coursing through the veins of her arms and legs. The sparks skipped across her black hair.

"What's that? Did I come out of that?" Calice looked at the containment tube she awakened from. "How long was I in there?"

"Freeze! Freeze!" Voice scramblers sounded from the doors.

Calice saw Reaper Squad commandos facing their bayoneted rifles at her.

"Hands behind your head!" A commando spat.

Calice shivered.

"Do it now!"

She did as she was told.

"Turn around!"

Her legs trembled, turning around as a commando walked towards her with handcuffs. Calice then remembered the moment the Reaper Squad gunned her parents down. When Calice heard the snapping of the handcuffs from the approaching commando, her anger released a thunderbolt at the soldier, killing him.

"Fire!" The other commandos shouted in aggressive Chinese, blasting their rifles at Calice.

She hissed as her body burst with lightning that vaporized the plasma fireballs and lunged at the secret police by surprise. The soldiers lay dead around her.

"Aiya," Calice shuddered. "I-I don't understand. What do I do now?"

She then walked to the door, peeping out to find an enormous hallway. The walls and floors were metal gray except for the blaring red alarms. Calice walked about the hall, uncertain where to go.

"Over here!" She heard a commando shout.

Calice hid behind a wall, watching two commandos and crusader droids enter the experimental room. She ran across the labyrinth with many turns and rooms, escaping the alarmed patrols.

I wish Shien or one of my goons was here. Calice worried. I could use their company.

"What do we have here?" A voice said behind her.