Chapter 13: Campaign Preparations

"Wait, that snake thing tried to eat me?" Shien walked with Phoenicia through the hotel hallway.

"Don't worry. We defended you before that could happen. However, even if the enemy successfully consumed you, you would have been too short of a meal for it."

"Excuse me?"

"I did not say a word."

"You tin can!" Shien tackled Phoenicia.

The two wrestled with each other as they rolled downstairs. Naivern, Ritom, Elysia, and Enshiron sat together on a blue bench of the lounge, listening to Mivangeline and Chloridium's briefing. The two stood near a table that portrayed a holographic map of Tetrachrome. The group saw Shien and Phoenicia roll downstairs with Phoenicia landing on Shien.

"Bout time you woke up, pipsqueak," Elysia grinned.

"Nice. Brutal taunt!" Naivern laughed her brains out. "Shots fired. You're getting the hang of this!"

"Grrr!" Shien growled, pushing Phoenicia off. "Hug attack! Weeee!"

Shien dived into his friends. Elysia and Ritom tumbled off the bench as a result, leaving Naivern and Enshiron to feel the tightness of Shien's infamous hug attack.

"S-Shien," Mivangeline mumbled. "I-I'm happy that you're alright."

"Mivangeline!" Shien bounced to his crush.

"Eek!" She flinched.

"What's up?"

"Um... nothing much," Mivangeline blushed.

"So, what did I miss?" Shien plunged his face onto the map.

"Oh!" Mivangeline placed her hands together. "W-we just talking about our next move."

"Ah, you may wish to back up since we may expand our map for all to see," Chloridium gently pushed Shien's head off the map.

"Okie."

"Taking out the rocketeer cobra weakened the Cubic attack. Our police forces are driving the rest out of Tetrachrome's west frontier," Chloridium reported. "We thank you members for all of your hard work."

"Chillax! It's nothing," Ritom smiled. "We're happy to help."

"At least we players can rest for now," Naivern sighed.

"Y-yes, but we still need to beat the game to activate the antivirus," Mivangeline tapped her foot. "That will... uh, mean we need to beat the three factions and their s-superbosses."

"So there's the Cubic Regime, Dynastiotron Dynasty, and the DJ Meteonis, right?" Elysia asked.

"Let's not start with the DJ Meteonis," Naivern shook her head. "They're the hardest faction to fight."

"I agree with Naivern," Phoenicia crossed her arms. "I do believe that it would be most optimal to begin with the weaker factions to level up sufficiently before fighting the tougher enemies."

"U-uh, yeah," The Commander cleared her throat. "I-I think it's best to... um, attack the Cubic Regime first. S-since they're the weaker of the three and o-our recent battle weakened their army."

"I think we also know the Cubics better than the other factions so far," Ritom adjusted his red jacket. "That's probably the best bet, to be honest."

Mivangeline nodded. "W-we'll then prepare for a siege on the Cubic fortress, Kel Rectilinea."

"What are we waiting for?" Shien jumped. "Let's charge!"

"W-wait! We don't have enough people to help us!"