Chapter 7: Chandrika's Doubt

Hi Folks we need your support and comment . It is what makes us move furtherIt's very important  that you all give your opinion.

The night at Haripura was ablaze with a fiery intensity, as the friction between the trees ignited a forest fire that devoured the very essence of Mahavidyan

The night at Haripura was ablaze with a fiery intensity, as the friction between the trees ignited a forest fire that devoured the very essence of Mahavidyan. The sacred forest burned with an unholy ferocity, consuming everything in its path. The Mahavidyan tribe, once divided in their quest for the spiritual embodiment of Rakshasi, had regrouped, their clothes tattered and stained with blood.

As they gathered, the air was thick with tension and the stench of charred wood. The Mahavidyan, Ettulam, Rakshogi, and Chandrika factions met amidst the chaos, their eyes burning with a fiery determination. Mahavidyan raised the blowing horn, its mournful cry echoing through the flames like a child's tortured wail. The residents of Haripura, already shaken by the forest fire, were now paralyzed with fear, their hearts pounding in their chests.

Mahavidyan's voice boomed through the inferno, its strength undiminished by the chaos. "We have gathered here to determine the progress of our mission to find the spiritual embodiment of our deity. We must uncover the one who will possess the power of our deity, for the fate of our tribe hangs in the balance."

The air was heavy with anticipation, the darkness of the burning forest amplifying the sense of foreboding that hung over the assembled tribe. It was a moment of reckoning, a time when the very existence of the Mahavidyan tribe would be decided by the outcome of their quest. The flames roared on, a relentless reminder of the stakes that lay before them.

Mahavidyan's gaze swept across the gathering, its intensity unwavering as it demanded an answer from Ettulam. "Ettulam, have you discovered anything in Haripura that might show our deity's spiritual embodiment?" The air was heavy with anticipation as Ettulam shook its head, a grimace twisting its features.

"I've found nothing of interest, no clue to lead us to the spiritual embodiment," Ettulam confessed, its voice low and defeated. "Only a group of criminals, roving the streets and alleys, looking for their next prey. I have tried to analyse the women of Haripura, but most of them are criminals themselves, dominant and ruthless. They have survived the brutality of this place by becoming just as cruel as the men who rule it."

Ettulam's eyes darted around the gathering, its voice dropping to a whisper. "But there are some women, outcasts for minor transgressions, who have survived the wrath of the men. Their children, born into hardship and despair, are taken in by certain individuals in Raj Sahi or Purusapura. It is a twisted system, one that ensures the survival of the fittest and the strongest."

The darkness of the burning forest seemed to seep into the gathering, casting a pall over the assembled tribe. Mahavidyan's expression was inscrutable, its eyes burning with an inner fire. "So, you're saying the women of Haripura are unlikely to own the spiritual embodiment, given their own struggles and the brutality they've faced?"