Chapter Fourteen

John's POV

Vester had been true to his words. Even if he waited for me in front of the elevator, he did not allow me to get near him. He would either hit my hand when I tried to touch him or scoot away so I could not touch him.

I was so frustrated when he kept on doing these even until we arrived back home.

"Vester, please. Let me explain. First of all, you are the best for me. It's just that I could not debunk what he said because I really said it to him. I do not want to even say something about someone already dead." I pleaded when we were out of our car and he was about to get inside the gate of their house.

He turned around but he did not glare or he didn't even say anything. He just stared at me with a blank look on his face before turning his back at me again and closed the gate after him.

"Fuck!" I exclaimed in frustration while giving the gate a glare.

I might resort to climbing the fence if this continues! I seethed inwardly.

After sighing deeply in defeat, I did not have a choice but to get in my house and to focus myself on something else. I decided to double check the recordings that we have already on file and a thought suddenly crossed my mind.

I quickly grabbed my phone, dialed his number and then waited for him to pick up with bated breath.

"Hello." He said in greetings after a full minute.

He sounded like he does not want to talk to me at all, which frustrates me more.

"Hi, uhm. We need to redo the bridge part of song number seven." I started and held my breath while waiting for his reaction.

"Can we not do it tomorrow? We have a scheduled recording tomorrow morning." He said in a clipped voice.

"Paulo is asking for it already. Why don't you come over so we could prolly record it here-"

"I will call Paulo now." He interjected before ending the call abruptly.

I stared at the screen of my phone with a look of disbelief on my face.

He never hung up before and now he ends the call without a goodbye?

After a few more minutes, my phone rang loudly and I hurried to get it only to be disappointed when I saw Paulo's name on the caller ID.

"Paulo." I said in greetings.

"Please John. Do not get me involved in your lover's quarrel. I am busy and do not have time for the two of you!" He barked before ending the call abruptly.

"What's with people hanging up on me?" I asked no one in bewilderment.

That night, Vester really did not show up. He didn't call or text me at all. I almost thought that I do not have a boyfriend anymore.

Before closing my eyes to sleep, I held on to the hope of seeing him tomorrow in the recording studio.

You can not escape me there! I declared with a smile and closed my eyes to sleep.

The next day, I hurried out of my bed as soon as I woke up and prepared to get to the studio. We decided to have our recordings in the morning from that day onwards for several reasons. One, we need to visit Justin in the hospital from time to time until he gets discharged. Two, I do not want Vester to encounter Jasper again so we need to avoid having a late night recording session. And the last one is because of Paulo.

He was always hovering around the studio when he was in the office, and he usually comes in the office in the afternoon. To avoid him and his judging stares, I opted to have our session when he was not around.