Chapter Eleven

Vester's POV

Four years ago...

During my third year anniversary as an artist, Paulo threw me a party. Celebrities that were signed under PnJ Entertainment, my friends who I had met in the industry, as well our staff were in attendance.

I was told then that the event was the talk of town for how fun it was and how majestic my performance was. I was then dubbed as the prince of Ballad and they told me that I look so dashing and handsome in my white tuxedo and brushed up hair.

Ximena introduced me to her brother, who was one of the company's security, but I kind of heard some hesitation in her voice. She sounded like she did the introduction against her will. Because of her actions, I could not help but to be wary of him. I asked Josh to not leave my side for the whole night which he thankfully did, successfully avoiding any interactions with Ximena's brother.

It was later in the night of the party, where almost everyone was drunk, that he had gotten the chance to get near me.

Josh left me for a moment to relieve himself in the washroom and that was when he took the chance in approaching me.

I was surprised to feel someone's hand on my shoulder without any warning. Josh or Paulo or the others would not do this without asking me first so I instantly knew that it was Ximena's brother who was touching me then.

"Please let go of me. I am not comfortable with you here." I remembered warning him.

He thankfully removed his hand on my shoulder but he did not leave and ignored my request. Since I do not want to be associated with someone who was not trustworthy enough, I stood up and acted to leave.

Maybe because of my desire to quickly leave the place, I forgot that I was on the poolside, hence making myself almost falling in the water. He unexpectedly saved me by pulling me away from the pool and dragging me somewhere safe.

"Are you stupid enough to drown yourself?" He asked with his voice full of anger.

I heard his sincerity then because he sounded like he was really worried about me. He sounded so concerned that it touched my heart.

"Thank you for saving me. You said your name is Jasper?" I asked with a smile.

"Yes. Nice meeting you, Vester." He replied and I could hear the smile in his voice.

And that marked our first encounter.

Our second encounter was during my birthday. Unlike the others who had given me things that I could buy myself, he gifted me his singing voice. He recorded himself singing a lullaby and told me to play it whenever I could not sleep. I accepted the gift with a grin on my face, like it was the most precious gift I had gotten in my entire life.

Come to think of it now, he was not a good singer. He sounded off and he sounded like a frog. But that time, I willingly ignored those things and adored his effort.

I was so naïve and innocent that by just his sweet words and gentle manner, I fell in love with him. I had loved him so much that I ignored his sister's warnings against him. Ximena told me that her brother was bad news and that it would be best if I would keep my distance from him.

I was so upset and offended by her and told her that she doesn't know her brother at all. I defended the bastard and instead of following her advice, I opted to shoo her away instead.

Jasper and I had become so close and inseparable which brought concerns to my father. I was always away because I spent more time with him than with my dad. Even Paulo had to reprimand me for I tended to not notify him about my absence that often conflicted my schedules.