Chapter Nineteen

Vester's POV

Jasper demanded for me to break up with John, the love of my life. Just by imagining his face full of hurt because of me already kills my inside. I never thought or imagined myself breaking up with him for I am so deeply and madly in love with him.

He is my everything.

My life, my love and my happiness.

Now that I had to give up all of these for his freedom, my soul started to die. I no longer look forward to my days ahead for I know that it will just be filled with nothingness. Without him in my life is like living a life without life itself. I know that without him I would no longer feel alive and complete.

I hate the thought of breaking his heart but I did not have a choice but to do so for it was the only option that was available that time. It is either to break his heart or to ruin his life. He is young and healthy and he should not waste his youth in jail so I chose to break his heart instead.

He is a brave and strong man. He would easily forget me and move on with his life like nothing ever happened.

Paulo drove me to my house because my dad wanted to see me first after telling him about Jasper's demands. He was waiting for me at the gate when we arrived and once I saw his face, I started to bawl. Paulo rubbed my back as he tried to calm me down by murmuring assuring words that were not effective at all.

He let me cry more and when I had calmed down for a bit, he told me that he would wait for me in his car so we could go to the police station together. I nodded in agreement before getting out of his car and rushing to my dad to ask for his comfort instead.

My dad knowingly spread his arms and engulfed me with a warm embrace. He let me bury myself in his arms as I sob painfully.

"I will die once I see him breaking apart because of me." I murmured while sobbing.

"I am sorry, my son." He murmured back and I could hear the cry in his voice.

I continued with my sobbing while he was rubbing my back. When my sobs were silent and my eyes dried from tears, I pulled away and wiped my face from tears.

"I do not know what to do." I confessed while looking at my dad.

"Do what you think is good for both of you. I am always at your back, son." He said with a smile on his face but his eyes were crying for us too.

"Can I use your villa in La Union so I could, so I could, so I-"

"Shushed. I know what you want to say. Of course you can." He shushed me and held me in his arms again when I could not continue and started crying again.

"I do not want to see his tears after breaking up with him." I decided with a cry.

He pulled away and looked me in the eye, like he understood what I meant.

"Are you leaving the country?" He asked in suspicion.

"I will stay with Aunt Emily in Japan for a while. I do not want to hear him plead for I know he will." I reasoned out with my lips trembling.

He stared at me with pursed lips for a while but when he saw the determination in my eyes, he sighed in defeat and nodded in acceptance.

"Have you booked your ticket?" He asked with a sad smile.

"Yes. My flight is tomorrow night. And can you ask Nana to pack my things so I could leave as soon as I am back?" I requested and he nodded in response.

I hugged him tightly in gratitude for letting me do things my way.

When I had calmed down for the second time, I decided to go to the police station where John was confined and do what I needed to do. He pulled over to the police station and dropped me by the entrance. He let me get off after telling me that he would follow me in as soon as he was able to park.