Chapter Four

John's POV

Stella's funeral was held in one of the Cambridge University Hospital's funeral halls. Paulo had been so good in taking over for me so I could grieve for her in solitude.

Her parents called the morning of her funeral and told me that they were on the way here and that my parents were with them.

Her parents and my parents had been in a good relationship lately and they must have been devastated upon hearing the news. What I am most concerned about was her younger brother.

He will surely not be able to bear her death. Stella and his brother were close and they were best friends.

Her brother is a very kind, innocent and pure person. He is so good to my parents that he decided to take over their company as the new CEO. He is a very talented artist that his management of their company assures a good output.

He and I had become best friends too from the very first time we met. I have been telling him my secrets that his older sister had not learned about.

Secrets about my first love.

His late older sister. My mind decided to remind me.

When I was reminded that she was gone, I went back to crying. I sob silently while looking at her coffin that was situated at the center of the hall.

I could not go near the coffin for I knew that I would just pass out once I saw her pale and lifeless body.

I have accepted the fact that she was gone, I did, which I owe Vester for, but it was hard for me to let my feelings for her go. Not yet. My heart still has the hole that she had left and I know that it will take a long time for it to heal.

As a way of relieving the pain of her absence, I started to reminisce about our times together. I started to see her smiling face and her bright eyes. It was as if she was standing in front of me and looking so alive and breathing.

I smiled sadly at her and she smiled back.

"You are so unfair, you know that, right?" I asked in between sobs.

Sorry, she mouthed.

"How will I live without you?" I asked again in whimpers.

I trust that you will live and love again. Good bye, my love. She whispered and it was like she was really there.

Her image slowly dissipated and faded like a puff of smoke. I cried even harder when my hallucinations of her disappeared.

I even wished for my mind to conjure more of her but a soft tap on my shoulder stopped my delirium.

I turned to look at the person and once I recognized the face, a loud sob came out of my mouth. Without a word, he embraced me and rubbed my back with his hands, trying his best to calm me down..

"She is gone. Justin. She is gone." I cried out loud.

The moment that I heard his sobs, I immediately pulled away and held his face with my hands.

His eyes were full of tears and his lips were trembling and his body was shaking uncontrollably. I knew that he would be in hysterics if I did not calm him down so I hugged him tightly and rubbed my hands on his back.

"I should have comforted you, not the other way around. I'm so sorry." I whispered.

He continued on crying and I let him do so and waited for him to calm down. When he was calm enough, I pulled away and looked at his face.