4 Prison Tower

"Have you ever envied others?"

"Envied others' talents, gifts, or status?"

"Have you ever felt regret because of abilities you lack? Or experienced loss due to your own mistakes, missing out on wealth and opportunities?"

Who is this...?

In a daze, the man's familiar voice echoed in his ears.

"Jealousy, envy, and the tears of regret born from coveting others' opportunities."

"The world has never been bright, and fate has never been fair. How extravagant is the experience of so-called equality?"

The voice had a deep, penetrating tone, resounding in Roy's ears, refusing to fade.

"No need to answer. The answer in your heart has yet to be revealed."

"Don't look away, for everyone possesses it, and no one can escape."

"Envy for others, sighing at your own fate and its injustices, these give birth to original sins, and the tears of regret have already flowed from the corners of your eyes."

In his deep sleep, Roy heard a man's voice babbling in his ears. His sleep was restless, and after several frustrated turns, he slowly opened his eyes.

As he lifted his head, he realized he was staring at a dark fortress.

"The Prison Tower!"

Fully awake, Roy began to recall the voice. He now recognized it... except for the absence of the familiar demonic laugh, the tone was identical to that of the Count. The only reason he hadn't recognized it earlier was due to his sleepy state, but now fully alert, he pieced it all together.

Unbelievable, the Prison Tower event had been recreated!

He had somehow ended up in the same situation as Fujimaru Ritsuka, pulled into the Count's Prison Tower event while dreaming.

"Already awake? You've surprised me. It seems you have an unexpectedly good affinity with this prison tower, no wonder you were able to summon me."

"Count?"

"That's right, it's me, the man you call the Count of Monte Cristo, the true ghost of vengeance, Edmond Dantès."

"Welcome to this island of despair for sinners, the Prison Tower, young man!"

"In this tower lies the boundary of grace and hatred. Once you enter, regardless of whether you are a grave sinner or an innocent soul, every type of spirit will be imprisoned here!"

"And of course, you are no exception."

From the shadows emerged a silver-haired man in a green cloak, stepping out from a dark corner as he spoke.

"This is the First Gate, home to the sin of envy. Right now, you are trapped here, sinking into the mire with no escape. All your pain gathers here... sorrow, anger, grief. The voices of despair never cease. This is a living hell on Earth from which no one can escape. Do you understand?"

The cold, eerie prison was filled with writhing worms and rats crawling on the floor, mixed with the distant screams of evil spirits and lost souls. The atmosphere was terrifying.

"..."

Contrary to the Count's expectations, Roy did not cry out in despair or panic. Seeing how seriously the Count was acting, he actually felt like laughing.

He ignored the Count, who was still theatrically performing, and instead calmly reached into his pocket, pulling out a cigarette and lighting it for a deep drag.