CHAPTER 8

After hearing the question both Aarav and Shaurya completely forgot how to breathe, they looked at each other. The jovial atmosphere which was in the air, suddenly turned into something tense.

And seeing the faces of his brothers, Kabir's once questionable gaze turned into an unreadable expression which scared both of them. He sat up straight with one hand on his knees and other on the side. He glared hard, "Ab bologe, muh khologe will you talk now I'm waiting", hearing his tone both of them flinched hard. Seeing no other way than telling the truth Aarav opened his mouth but Shrey beat him to it, "Yesterday when we were waiting for you I recalled the day we celebrated your success party in the Mansion. When we were celebrating you remember all of us circled around you and started looking around?" Shrey asked nervously and then Kabir recalled that he was right but as he was about to ask he was interrupted by something and then he forgot about the incident but why Shrey is pointing it out now. His hands were sweating right now but he nodded and urged him to continue and this time Aarav continued it, "Bhaiya all of us sensed some unknown dark powers surrounding the mansion and because of that we protectively shielded you but that day none of us used our magical powers because the presence was just for a moment and then it disappeared so we didn't give much thought about it but suddenly yesterday Shrey remembered it and panicked, he wasn't calming down so I had to calm him down magically", after finishing their confessions both of them gazed down not being able to meet their bhaiya's gaze.

After hearing that Shrey almost got panic attack he went near him and cupped his cheeks and asked with concern evident on his face, "Shrey bacha are you alright? Are you hurting anywhere? Tell me baccha". Hearing his concerned voice Shrey teared up and shook his in negative. Kabir took a sigh of relief and hugged him and then kissed on his forehead lovingly, he can't bear a single scratch on them. But then he thought about all of the things and separated himself from Shrey and sat back on his place.

Kabir was relieved that nothing happened to his brother but the information they gave him shook him to the core. He have to do something but right now something else was bothering him and he decided to address it first. He took a deep breath and asked the only question that dreaded him the most,

"When were you planning to tell me this? Were you even planning to tell me or hide it from me forever? If I didn't asked you I would have been unaware about all this?", he was deeply hurt that both of them decided to hide such a big thing from him.

Both of them looked at each other with widened eyes and furiously shook their head denying him, "No bhaiya we were going to tell you but yesterday you were not feeling well so we decided we will tell you later", Aru said fidgeting with his fingers.

Kabir watched both of them in disbelief, "What happened to me? It was nothing just a little dizziness and it wasn't that serious that you kept me in darkness. Okay forget yesterday's events, the party's incident that were you even planning to tell me? and now you can't give me my health's excuse because I was perfectly fine that day".

Hearing this both of them looked down as they weren't planning to tell him seeing his apprehension regarding everything related to magic. Seeing their defeated expression and gazes down, he understood that they were not going to tell him about the party incident and that thought disheartened him.

"Just because of my discomfort towards magic you decide to hide the fact that there were negative energies around our Mansion that day, and what if they try to do something in future you were gonna keep me in dark since my discomfort towards magic? And you think this thought makes me happy? You do know right why I don't allow the usage of magic? because once I almost lost both of you. Do you think it was easy for me to watch you both struggling to breath? Answer me damnit?" Kabir said in hurt voice with tears welled up in his eyes.