Chapter 29: Harper

I feel a sudden grip from behind, but I don't even need to think about who it is. "Jax," I whisper.

"I could hear you say my name all day," he murmurs into my ear, his voice sending a shiver down my spine.

"Oh really?" I tease, turning in his arms to face him.

"No more games, baby. You and me, forever, okay?" He smiles at me, and in that moment, I know this is everything I've ever wanted. My heart swells with the warmth of his love, and I realize that my mom had known all along. She had planned this—she knew this moment would come. The guilt tugs at me for not thanking her, for not understanding sooner.

"It's okay, baby. I know. She knew." His words echo in my mind, and I'm reminded of how powerful our bond is. This connection, this undeniable link between us, it's more than just emotions. He feels everything.

"You feel it all, don't you?" I ask, almost in disbelief.

"Yeah, and just wait until I mark you," Jax says, his lips curling into a smile. His blue eyes darken, pupils dilating with desire before flashing a stormy grey, reflecting the intensity of the moment. The anticipation between us thickens like the air just before a thunderstorm. I can feel the magnetic pull, the heat building, but I'm no longer in the mood for waiting.

His hands cup my face gently, his thumb brushing my bottom lip. I breathe, leaning into his touch. My heart races, every beat echoing the certainty I feel. "I want you to feel everything I feel, and I want to feel everything you feel too." I say to him with lust in my voice.

The raw intensity in his expression is almost too much to bear, but it's exactly what I want—what I need. His lips crash against mine, and in that kiss, I feel the promise of forever. It's not just passion or lust; it's the certainty of being together with someone.

Jax pulls back, his eyes locking onto mine as he leans in, his lips brushing against the spot on my neck where his mark will soon be. I shiver in anticipation, every nerve in my body on fire. Something permanent. Something real. Something that I am worthy of.

"Mark me, action man," I say, the desire burning inside me.

He stares at me, his gaze burning into mine. The way his eyes darken further tells me he feels it too—that overwhelming need to connect, to claim, to make me his in every possible way.

Jax laughs, pulling me close, kissing me hard and fast, making my head spin. I jump into his arms, wrapping my legs around him as he carries me away, his lips never leaving mine. His touch is electric, sending jolts of pleasure through me, and I kiss his neck, nipping at his skin as he guides me into the car.

I watch him get into the driver's seat, but I can't wait. I leap into his lap, straddling him, our mouths crashing together once more.

"Oh, fuck, Harper," he groans, his hands gripping my hips as I grind against him. "Let me take you somewhere special."

"No way," I whisper against his lips. "I want you now." His kisses are demanding, almost feral, and I love every second of it.

"Back seat. Now," he orders, his voice a low growl that sends heat pooling between my legs.

"Yes, sir," I reply, breathless, and scramble into the backseat faster than I've ever moved in my life. Jax follows, his eyes dark with need as he tears off his shirt, his muscles rippling in the dim light. I can't help but stare, but he's impatient. He doesn't wait for me to make the next move—he yanks off my clothes with one swift motion.

"Mental note," I pant, "next time, don't wear anything I like."

"That would be wise," he says with a grin before his mouth finds my nipple through my bra, sucking hard enough to make me moan his name. His hand moves down between my legs, teasing my clit, and I nearly lose it right there.

"Not yet," he growls, his control barely holding.

"I can't help it," I gasp. "My body missed you."

"Oh, fuck," he says, his voice thick with lust. "You have no idea how much my dick missed you."

"Then don't make me wait," I challenge, my eyes locking with his.

He growls in response, making quick work of his jeans. I laugh at his urgency, but it's short-lived as he pulls me on top of him, straddling him once more. I want him—more than anything, I need to feel him inside me. There's no hesitation as I guide him into me, both of us groaning as our bodies finally reunite. His hands move to my hips, gripping me tight as I rock back and forth, the sensation sending me spiraling.

"Fuck, Harper, I'm not going to last long," he admits, his breath ragged.

"Then hurry, big man," I urge him, tilting my neck to the side. "Make me yours."

Jax's eyes darken with intensity, his breathing heavy as his fangs elongate, sharp and ready. He lowers his mouth to my neck and bites down. My heart pounds, my body trembling with need and desire. Every moment we've had together flashes through my mind—the fights, the longing, the love that binds us. And now, this moment will seal it all.

The pain quickly changes into something far greater then anything I have ever felt. The bond, sending waves of heat, light, and overwhelming connection coursing through every part of my body, even my toes.

My orgasm hits me like a tidal wave, ripping through me with a force so strong it leaves me breathless, trembling in his arms. My body convulses in ecstasy, my nails digging into his skin as I cling to him, completely lost in the overwhelming sensation of it all. I'm drowning in him—his scent, his touch, the feel of him inside me, but more than that, I'm drowning in us.

I'm not just feeling me—I'm feeling him. His entire life flashes through my mind. His childhood, the laughter, the love, the pain of growing up in a world that expected so much from him. The weight of responsibility that has always been on his shoulders, the loneliness that has haunted him, the loneliness that has haunted me. Then, I see it—the moment he first laid eyes on me. The way his heart skipped a beat, the way something inside him clicked, like he knew even then that I was his. I feel his joy, his hope, and then the pain of watching me walk away, the hollow ache that settled deep within him, the fear that he might never have me again.

And now, the joy—the overwhelming, soul-deep joy of having me back. The relief, the love, the absolute certainty that I am his and he is mine. It shines through him, brighter than anything I've ever known. It's a feeling so pure, so profound, it brings tears to my eyes. And for the first time, I truly understand what it means to be mated, to never be alone. I have longed for this, and here it is in the beautiful format of a man, or should I say wolf.

He pulls back, his fangs retracting, but the connection between us stays, stronger than ever. I touch the place where he marked me, my fingers brushing the tender skin, feeling the heat still radiating from the bond. I look into his eyes—those beautiful blue eyes that are now filled with love, devotion, and something even deeper: forever.

"Did you feel that?" I ask, still breathless from the intensity of the bond.

"Yeah," Jax whispers, pulling me close, his lips brushing against mine. "I love you."

"I love you too," I reply, kissing him softly, feeling the warmth of his body against mine. He holds me tight, his heart beating in time with mine.

"You and me, forever, baby."

"Forever, big man," I whisper back, knowing that no matter what comes next, we'll face it together.